butt injection

Started by smokeNcanuck, January 21, 2010, 04:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

I know how hard it is mixing my drinks!

I never lie! ;D

OU812

Nice lookin pork you did there sNc, the bark looks great.

When I have to many drinks and dont remember the hole night of smokin and what I did to get the stuff done right I call it "Auto Pilot"

Had a night on "Auto Pilot" this weekend, wow.

Father Tom

That sure looks good SmokeNcanuck! ::) ::) ::)12 to 15 hours is what i normally smoke the butts to but i keet IT down to 180 befor the cooler part and final temp ups to around 185/190.  You say you love the "Vaunted Vinegar"  Thats a new one on me.  OK  Whan is the recipe???? :-\ :-\

FT

Pachanga

Nice looking smoke, smokeNcanuck.

Quote from: OU812 on January 22, 2010, 09:03:44 AM
You cant go wrong with stuff

creol butter

I make my own now

Do you mind sharing your recipe?  I like to make my own rubs, slathers and injectors.  I am always ready to see others take on something.  I am smoking some pork tonite and am going to inject a light brine along with ?????

Thanks.

Good luck and stick it to it.

Pachanga

smokeNcanuck

Me is thinking my auto pilot took a vaccation. :o :o

FT hear is the link -http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86

Thanks for the compliments, had more for lunch today even better only one small bag left I put in freezer.
Should have just left out as I think I could this stuff everyday.  Gave a bag to my sister and brother in-law
they were quite impressed.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Pachanga on January 25, 2010, 09:44:32 AM
Nice looking smoke, smokeNcanuck.

Quote from: OU812 on January 22, 2010, 09:03:44 AM
You cant go wrong with stuff

creol butter

I make my own now

Do you mind sharing your recipe?  I like to make my own rubs, slathers and injectors.  I am always ready to see others take on something.  I am smoking some pork tonite and am going to inject a light brine along with ?????

Thanks.

Good luck and stick it to it.

Pachanga

Pachanga, OU812 has stated that he takes the rub he is using and I think fine grinds it and desolves it for an injection.

Maybe he will see this and comment on it.

OU812

CRG is right on.

I really dont have a recipe I mix to the taste I'm lookin for. The main ingredient is unsalted butter. I start with one stick melted and add what fits what I'm making. Like CRG stated When doing something with a rub on the outside I take that same rub and grind into a powder then add to the butter and inject.

Did I mention I like butter?

One of these days I should right down what goes in the butter.

classicrockgriller

Thanks OU, I was hopin I didn't have a Brain F*rt and dream that too!