Jan's Rub

Started by oakrdrzfan, January 19, 2010, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakrdrzfan

I want to try Jan's rub on some ribs and chicken.  Has anyone tried it on Butts and / or briskets?

FLBentRider

Yes - on butts - good.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Seeing as how I'm the husband of Jan in Jan's Dry Rub, I'm not here to tell you what to try it on.  To each his own.  We actually originally put it together for chicken.  Folks began to tell us it worked on lots of other things too.  What I will tell you is whatever you're going to use it on, mix the rub the day before you intend to put it on whatever.  Mixed together the day before let's all of the ingredients flavors marry one another.  It keeps really well in an airtight container for quite some time.  Don't be afraid to tweak it to your liking.  It doesn't have a ton of heat in it.  If you like more heat, increase the cayenne.  Don't like celery salt?  Leave it out.  Have fun with it.

All the best!  Enjoy the rub as you see fit.

Thanks again FLBR.

KyNola

Quarlow

I agree I made up a batch but left out the cayene and love it. Might have to try it with half the cayene to see how it hits me. Love the stuff, use it on chicken, my fam's fav stuffed pork loin  and used it on prok chops too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.