Reveo Fish Report

Started by Kummok, April 04, 2005, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Well, the Reveo arrived on schedule, just like Bill said[:D] I unpacked it, plugged it in, and decided to risk "cooking censure" with my wife by putting the Reveo up against her tried and true, never failed yet, marinated flank steak. After marinating one her way and one the Reveo way, I grilled and served both.....SHE liked the Reveo steak better!! [^][:D] So did I[:p]

With THAT under my belt, I decided to venture into "sacrificing" the best meat in the world....white King Salmon![:0] I marinated four 1" fillets for 15 minutes with Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sauce. My wife said it's the best grilled salmon she's had, EVER![^][:p][^]. I agree[:p][:D] Tender, juicy, with the flavor of the marinade throughout instead of just around the edges. Absolutely MAAH'vilous[:p][:p][:D][:)][^] My wife is SO pleased with what's come outta this little machine so far, that she's actually let it sit out on the counter for almost two weeks now[:0][^][;)]

I was originally concerned about the revolving Reveo drum beating the crap outta the meat and having it come out a pulverized mass of saucy fish pulp. It harmed nary a cell of the steaks.....the only difference visibly to the meat was that the color had changed from white to a brownish from the sauce permeation.

HIGHLY recommended addition to your countertop culinary appliances!  A+++ for marinating fish! THANX BILL!!!!

Now back to fishing stuff![:D][8D][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

nsxbill

Gosh, I am glad they worked good on the King of Salmon's Salmon!  

I don't know about the rest of the Flavorista's out there, but was awaiting your report!

Still have 4 left if you have friends that want one!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Just did a 5 lb chicken last week--used Italian dressing plus a little olive oil for 20 min in the Reveo.  Roasted in the oven and my wife, neighbor, and I all agreed it was delicious.  The meat definitely gets flavored much deeper than if you just put the food in a bag covered with marinade.

I've now done steak (twice), shrimp, lamb, and chicken with the Reveo--sometimes before grilling and sometimes before smoking in the BS--and each item has been superb.

BTW, Kummock, my wife won't let me keep the Reveo on the kitchen counter (yet), but she has taken to washing it for me and putting it away.  Our agreement is that I can buy smokers and smoking accessories whenever I want, but I'm responsible for keeping them clean and out of the way, so the Reveo definitely meets her approval . . . [:D]  Glad to see you can still come to the Forum once in a while!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

Kummok,
Nice to hear from you again! [:D][8D][:)]

Thanks for the review on your use of the tumbler. So far it sounds like everyone is quite impressed with the Reveo. I'm suprised Bill still has any left.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Kummok

Bill:
I've HIGHLY recommended them to friends/family....also saw them advertised for $199 + shipping in one of wife's catalogs.....Forum folks'd better get them from you while the deal is still so HOT![:D]

John:
I'm also glad I could check back in.....I knew I "owed" a Reveo report on the salmon. I also try to watch/respond to at least the "Fish" threads when I can during peak season.....a recent "break"[V] in the otherwise GREAT fishing weather allowed me to do both. Snowing like crazy here right now, and that's AFTER about two weeks of low temps, high winds, and snowy YUCK!...actually had to turn down my neighbor's invite last Saturday, to his "first of the season" fishing trip in his boat after returning from MI for the summer[:(] As it turns out, it was one of those "great, smooth water" days in the a.m. then turned to 6's and 7's by  early p.m., with only one small King....a good trip to miss, IF there is such a term! [;)][:D][8D]   Re: Our wive's "counter cop" careers.....sounds like you too are making progress with the Reveo....keep the faith and someday we will rule the countertops!![;)][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Frozen_Tundra

Hi there I am new to this forum. Bill I just emailed you regarding the Reveo. I don't know if you still have them....if you do please let me know.

I am quite excited about this whole thing...The only problem is I can't seem to find these in Canada so if Bill can help me out great....if he can't and someone here knows of a way to get them here in Canada that would be good too. Why it's so hard to spend a little money I can't figure out.....

Thanks guys I look foward to learing a thing or two from you guys.

Tim

BigSmoker

I tumbled 2 <font color="red">fresh</font id="red">tuna steaks the other night in lime juice, EVOO, water and a little S&P for 10 minutes.  Seared them for a few minutes on each side until they poked medium rare.  Let them rest for 10 minutes and dug in.  Fantastic stuff.  They soaked up ALL the marinade.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frozen_Tundra</i>
<br />Hi there I am new to this forum. Bill I just emailed you regarding the Reveo. I don't know if you still have them....if you do please let me know.

I am quite excited about this whole thing...The only problem is I can't seem to find these in Canada so if Bill can help me out great....if he can't and someone here knows of a way to get them here in Canada that would be good too. Why it's so hard to spend a little money I can't figure out.....

Thanks guys I look foward to learing a thing or two from you guys.

Tim
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
A belated welcome to the Forum, Tim!  Were you able to snag a Reveo from Bill?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BigSmoker</i>
<br />I tumbled 2 <font color="red">fresh</font id="red">tuna steaks the other night in lime juice, EVOO, water and a little S&P for 10 minutes.  Seared them for a few minutes on each side until they poked medium rare.  Let them rest for 10 minutes and dug in.  Fantastic stuff.  They soaked up ALL the marinade.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Jeff, that sounds like a fantastic way to prepare tuna--that's on my list for one of the next couple weekends for sure! [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

For those of you interested in the Reveo's I did offer an "introductory special" on those interested on my initial buy from Eastman Outdoors.  

Now I have to buy them in $1K increments, and will be selling them for $199, the MAP price.  I will however ship for free, and include a couple of spices at no charge.  

The shipping for these in the U.S. runs an average of $23-$25, and don't know how much into Canada.  I have never sent anything there.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Kummok

Bill:
The REVEO tumbler is turning as I type....more marinated King salmon steaks tonight![:p][:p]  We use this at least 3 times a week, (on chicken, fish and beef so far), and every time we use it, I think of your sharing with us and thank you again for the GREAT deal. When our dinner guests see it, they end up REALLY wanting one and I send them your way! I'm certain that I'll be sending some out this Christmas. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next[:p][:)][:p][:)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

St. Helens Smoker

Folks,
I must apologize for being AWOL for a bit, and it looks like I've got quite a bit of catching up to do...

But, in my absence, was able to deliver one of the Reveo's I puchased from Bill and gain a report.  My Bro-in-Law who is one heck of a cook/chef had a wedding reception for his nephew, which meant most of the family from ND coming out here.

As usual, the various seafoods went over well, but for a change, his steaks were slurrped up darn near as fast and he actually got compliments on the beef for the first time.  He's been out here nearly 30 years and that's the first time that someone from his family asked him where he "got real beef" finally.

I plan to deliver the final one this week to my Dad, and will post when I get a chance.

And My Thanks again to you Bill for the opportunity. There's still a cold beverage with your name on it if you ever get to this neck of the woods.

nsxbill

My pleasure.

Bill