Smoked Cream Cheese

Started by ArnieM, January 24, 2010, 10:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfowl01

QuoteSavory Cheesecakes are goood eats - not better than sweet cheesecake, but very good eats nonetheless.  Last one I did was for my parents 50th anniv.  Had lox, artichoke bottoms, garlic, dill and more items I can't remember.  I think using smoked c.c. would be da bomb!
All I got to say is WOW! ;)

seemore

I agree:  artichokes, lox AND garlic dill?  I would LOVE it!
Mrs

ArnieM

Caney,

What part of the meal did you sue it for?  Dessert?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

It was the HorseyDorvey part of a six course meal!

Arnie, the dessert creation was extravagant - it was a golden anniversary for my parents - gotta go all out!

Caney's no-name fancy dessert

Chocolate sheet cake made with walnuts
Fudge icing
profiteroles soaked in honey stacked two deep
ganache  poured on top of that and hardened
dulce de leche on top of that
decorated with spun sugar colored gold
with small pieces of gold leaf scattered on top.

served with homemade dulce de leche ice cream.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

Quoteprofiteroles soaked in honey stacked two deep
ganache  poured on top of that and hardened
dulce de leche on top of that
decorated with spun sugar colored gold
with small pieces of gold leaf scattered on top.

served with homemade dulce de leche ice cream.

Although I do not know what most of this is, it must have been really good.  :)

Roadking

That looks good. Can almost taste it all the way over here.

Has anyone ever smoked Famunda Cheese?

seemore

Roadking, I don't even know what Famunda cheese is, let alone to have smoked it!
Please tell me what type of cheese it is!
Mrs

Roadking

Quote from: seemore on January 28, 2010, 10:06:12 AM
Roadking, I don't even know what Famunda cheese is, let alone to have smoked it!
Please tell me what type of cheese it is!
Mrs

:D  Mrs. Seemore, your the the last person I wanted to catch on this.  ;D  

Don't know how old you are but many many moons ago there was a program called "The Jackie Gleason Show".  He would do a skit and a couple of things he would pull out of his bag of tricks was "Mama Fletcha's Fatcha Matcha Cheese".  He said if you can't find it in the store  then get "Famunda cheese" which is all over the place and you can get it "from under the your arms".  Aka: Famunda cheese.  Got to be nasty nasty stuff.  :D

Quarlow

Ha kind of backfired eh. :D :D :D I wasn't going to fall for that one, but I wonder how many googled it. ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Roadking

Quote from: Quarlow on January 28, 2010, 10:24:08 AM
Ha kind of backfired eh. :D :D :D I wasn't going to fall for that one, but I wonder how many googled it. ;D

Yeah I didn't think of that. But we at least know where everyone is now.   Don't we.  ;D  ;D

seemore

:-[    Well, I'm 51, and I do remember watching repeats of The Honeymooners, but I never saw any repeats of The Jackie Gleason Show.......
My coworkers refer to me as Rose, as in Rose from The Golden Girls....
it seems the older I get, the ditzier I become.....
I got a huge chuckle from that, though......Famunda cheese!

Quarlow

I am 47 in march and I love the old shows. For awhile we were getting the jackie gleason show and I do remember the famunda thing. Which is surprising cause I have terrible memory recall. I would not have thought of that on my own in a million years but when you mentioned it the light came on, although very dimly. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Caneyscud

I did not watch it much - (too yankee for my Dad!).  But did watch some, and I just don't remember that.  I was one of the ones who was googling when you answered the Mrs.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Roadking

Gleason was a character wish I could get all of his shows on dvd. Another guy he had on as a guest was Frank Fontaine, who played a drunk, I used to roll from laughter.