Allied Kenco

Started by classicrockgriller, January 25, 2010, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Allied Kenco is an approved Vendor of the Bradley Forum.

I had seen their name mentioned by several people for this item or that item.

When I visited their Web page I was surprised to see that they were located in Houston

approx. 1 & 1/2 hrs from me. I decided to look them up next time I was in the Big H.

I went last Wensday and really didn't have much time to look around, so I planned

another visit for Monday. (yesterday)

When I pulled up in the front of the store, I wasn't impressed, in fact kinda dissapointed.

The owner of Allied is Cody and just a super guy.

He told me him and a partner started servicing equipment for BBQ Houses, meat markets, etc.

They opened up a small store. His partner wanted to retire so Cody bought him out.

He said things just kept growing on him and he kept expanding.

He has 15 employees. He still services equipment both at his business and on location.

He had 3 people working on internet orders.

He has a full service dept and a FULL parts dept.

Cody is first class. He also told me to tell everyone that he appreciates the business he gets from the forum.

After seeing what you see when you open the door makes you forget about time and where you are.

Quarlow

Wow very cool place. To easy to spend a lot of money there and that is what I like about places like that.  ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

3rensho

Amazing!!  I feel my wallet getting thinner already.  WOW
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Gizmo

OMG,
Probably a good thing that store is not near my house.  I would be tempted to have half that stock in my garage.  Yah, that would go over well with the mrs.
Can't judge a book by its cover.
Now next time I am in Houston to visit my son, you and I can go over and say Hi to cody and drewl for a few hours.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Gizmo on January 25, 2010, 11:02:55 PM
OMG,
Probably a good thing that store is not near my house.  I would be tempted to have half that stock in my garage.  Yah, that would go over well with the mrs.
Can't judge a book by its cover.
Now next time I am in Houston to visit my son, you and I can go over and say Hi to cody and drewl for a few hours.   :D

You call me and it is ON!

Lunch is my treat!

classicrockgriller

This was pretty kewl. An old slicer!

classicrockgriller

Cody also showed me his "Test Kitchen". Wish it was mine!

This is in the store, not in some back room!

And Cody (in the pic) Smokes on a Bradley in the store!

Has his 6 rack under a vent hood!

Gizmo

Definatly a place to visit.
I will probably be out some time this year and will let you know if/when I come out.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Quarlow

Now what could be better than that. A great store and smoked food right while you deal with customers. Nice.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Last set of Pics!

And Cody waits on Coustomers also!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tenpoint5

Looks like A place to empty the wallet for sure. Just looking at the pictures there is several things I am in need/want of!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

So how much did you spend and did you need a trailer to get it home?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

I have dealt with them many times and have had nothing
but top notch service!
Now that i have seen these pics i guess i gotta spend
more time on that site.
Like a kid at christmas, look at all the toys!!!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer