Deer Bologna

Started by OU812, January 27, 2010, 04:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I don't know how I missed this one. Looks Great OU812!! Maybe even kinda familiar. But I would save telling Momma until one of those days when you are really feeling your oats. Then spring it on her but I suggest not telling her that everyone else has known for awhile.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 01, 2010, 08:20:13 AM
I don't know how I missed this one. Looks Great OU812!! Maybe even kinda familiar. But I would save telling Momma until one of those days when you are really feeling your oats. Then spring it on her but I suggest not telling her that everyone else has known for awhile.

The only thing I did different was I put 2 hr smoke on it. Just enough you know its there but still lets the flavor of the bologna stand out.

As far as tellin the wife, Holly, its deer Taby broke the silence Sat after noon, thats almost a week of her takin it to work for lunch. Taby was makin a sammie and Holly said, can you make me one? Then Taby, knowin it is deer all along, said I thought you dont like deer.

I left the room.  ::) 

Tenpoint5

Something tells me the words "You SOB" might have been uttered.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 01, 2010, 08:39:25 AM
Something tells me the words "You SOB" might have been uttered.

"Uttered" is an under statement.

Taby thought it was funny.

Tenpoint5

But the question is this Did she eat that sammie Taby made for her? Or did she throw it at you!!

OU812

Belive it or not she ate the sammie.

She said "I kinda thought it was deer but it dont taste like deer"

I said "Thats because in your head you think you dont like deer and if you know its deer then you taste deer. You eat deer all the time when I cook"

She gave me one of those looks and I left the room, again.

Tenpoint5

Curt you need to get a new drawstring on that bag of yours!! The cat seems to be getting out quite often here lately!!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 01, 2010, 09:30:42 AM
Curt you need to get a new drawstring on that bag of yours!! The cat seems to be getting out quite often here lately!!

Taby keeps lettin the cat out, she thinks its funny.

The funny thing is Holly says Taby is just like me, and it shows.

mow_delon

Definately impressed with the bologna!  That looks awsome.  What size casing did you use?  It looks alot bigger than the 3.5 inch I get from Scheels (which is as big as I can get there).

OU812

It is a 5" casing and holds 10 lb easily.

I get them from Hobart/Frisco Spices which has a store here in Omaha.

Well the address is in LaVista but I call it Omaha.

mow_delon

OK, I gotta ask, OU is your handle and you live in Omaha?  I am going to assume that you meant NU, but this forum won't let you change your handle and is just too great to stop using!   ;D ;D ;D

OU812

Nope

O        U        8       1        2     
Oh     you     ate    one    too         ;D

mow_delon

AHHHHHHH! clever.  The OU through me off and I never read it all together.  Anyway, I am done going off subject, for now.

seemore

Nice bologna, OU!  And see, even after your wife learned it was deer, she ate it anyway!!!
Mrs

OU812

Quote from: seemore on February 03, 2010, 07:42:04 AM
Nice bologna, OU!  And see, even after your wife learned it was deer, she ate it anyway!!!
Mrs

Yep. I'll break her of that "It tastes like deer" thing yet.  ;D

Been workin on it for 25 years now and shes gettin closer.  ::)