Lame ass search engine.

Started by Quarlow, February 02, 2010, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I don't know who else has the same opinion, but someone made a comment once about the search engine on these "simple Machine forums".
I have the same opinion and wish you could do just a title search. What I find with this is say you wanted to search for the thread by someone and you know that "Smoked Salt" was the title. If you type in "Smoked Salt" you will get every post that has "Smoked,Smoke and Salt" in it and we can all figure out how many post have those three words in them.   
I'm guessing almost 3/4 of the posts on here.
So it would be helpful if you could do a "Title search only". Does anyone now something that I don't know......Ok you guys in the peanut gallery.....I'm talking about besides the fact that everybody knows something that I don't know....sheesh...show some class once in awhile. ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

P.S. this is not intended to be a reflection on "Bradley" or this forum
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

TTNuge

I have better luck going to Google, Advanced Search, put http://forum.bradleysmoker.com in the "Search within a site or domain" field and then put what I am searching for in either of the top 2-3 fields depending on how specific I want to get.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

I put "smoked salt" site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

into google and got 10 hits, most of them relavent.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: FLBentRider on February 02, 2010, 09:18:18 AM
I put "smoked salt" site:forum.bradleysmoker.com

into google and got 10 hits, most of them relavent.

Ditto.   That's how I do most of my searches now.

Quarlow

Ok well this is good info. It should help alot and save a ton of time. I never thought of using google to search a forum. Thanks guys......especially for not making fun of me!!!! :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ