A little help

Started by Oldman, January 28, 2010, 09:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

In my spice box I found a bag of cure. It is called Paquet De Saumre. I don't know which mix it fell out of. Anyone know what this is? I did a Google but I did not find an answer.
Thanks
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tiny Tim

I can't read French, but according to one site I found, it appears to be a brine mix for Roasting a Turkey.

Quarlow

Sounds like summer sausage to me.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Waltz

Is it maybe 'Saumure' as here?:
http://www.supertoinette.com/glossaire-cuisine/60/culinaire/saumure.html
Seems to be some kind of brine mixture if so.
Waltz.

NePaSmoKer

Package Of Saumre  (summer)

Roadking

All I come up with is a package of salt brine.

Oldman

Thanks for the effort all...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Gizmo

Sorry I am kinda late to that party here Raye, but that is cure from a Hi-Mountain jerky kit.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Wild_Man

Quote from: Gizmo on January 30, 2010, 08:40:22 PM
Sorry I am kinda late to that party here Raye, but that is cure from a Hi-Mountain jerky kit.

Yep, Gizmo is correct I'm holding a Hi-Mountain cure packet in my hand and that is what it says on the packet.

Bill

Oldman

No kidding....I wonder whatever happened to the box....strange. I have no directions. How do I use it?

Thanks all.
Olds

FLBentRider

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2010, 02:33:23 AM
No kidding....I wonder whatever happened to the box....strange. I have no directions. How do I use it?

Thanks all.
Olds

If I remember correctly, there is a "seasoning packet" and a "cure packet"

You mix them in different ratios depending on weather you are using whole muscle or ground meat.

If you find the seasoning packet I can go break open a box and scan the directions and post them.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Olds,

here is the link to the jerky directions if you can tell whether it's the cure or seasoning.

Oldman

Well I've looked high and low and cannot find the second package so I am going to 86th this one.
Again thanks for you all's help.
Olds