Royal Grill VS. Traeger????

Started by wkahler, January 29, 2010, 07:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

Well i have been eyeing the pelletgrilloutlet for a while and notice they seem to be pushing the new Royal Convection Pellet Grills alot?  I e-mailed them on some of the specs and it seems like it is more of a grill then a smoker, what do you guys say?  I tried to do some google on it and can't seem to find any other info.  The main reason for my concern is because i have been drooling of the Traeger for about a year now and all of the sudden i have something else to research before o flop the cash on one!  Sorry if i am behind the 8 ball on info but just not sure if i missed something on here or not!!!!   :o
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

I do enjoy reading about the various "pellet poopers" out there, and I really like my Treager. There is allways that "take it to the next level" grill, higher temps, better searing for steaks and chops. The huge price jump makes me wonder. Interesting reading on the "Mak" to see what it can do. We will see................

wkahler

The model i was looking at is the 2000 because it has to largest cooking area, just not sure how much of a "smoker" it is versus a grill!

NePaSmoKer

The Royal looks like a Traeger 124 knock off and a POJ. I hear that PGO is getting MAK'ED  ;D

And if your looking at your $$ budget and you cant decide between the Royal and Traeger........go Traeger

wkahler

Come on Nepa its made in the USA!!! LOL  The only thing i think is funny is they have totally stopped marketing the Trager and jumped all over these things.  It takes a Trager digital thermo and looks like the same thing just not round its square! 

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 30, 2010, 07:24:45 PM
The Royal looks like a Traeger 124 knock off and a POJ. I hear that PGO is getting MAK'ED  ;D

And if your looking at your $$ budget and you cant decide between the Royal and Traeger........go Traeger

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: wkahler on January 31, 2010, 09:26:29 AM
Come on Nepa its made in the USA!!! LOL  The only thing i think is funny is they have totally stopped marketing the Trager and jumped all over these things.  It takes a Trager digital thermo and looks like the same thing just not round its square! 

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 30, 2010, 07:24:45 PM

[/quot]

Yeah made in the USA by who?

I think the controller is made by the PGO, their aftermarket controller like their 180LV.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokin Soon on January 29, 2010, 07:55:42 PM
I do enjoy reading about the various "pellet poopers" out there, and I really like my Treager. There is allways that "take it to the next level" grill, higher temps, better searing for steaks and chops. The huge price jump makes me wonder. Interesting reading on the "Mak" to see what it can do. We will see................

Nice summary.

Sorta like girlfriends when I was younger. What's good today, looks ugly tomorrow.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 31, 2010, 07:26:52 PM

Nice summary.

Sorta like girlfriends when I was younger. What's good today, looks ugly tomorrow.

Ok my good buddie knows who make the Royal, but i will let him post that.

wkahler

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 31, 2010, 07:32:02 PM

Nice summary.

Target has been identified, confirmed and Shot has been fired!!!  Waiting for reply and call back!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 01, 2010, 08:32:16 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 31, 2010, 07:32:02 PM

Nice summary.

Target has been identified, confirmed and Shot has been fired!!!  Waiting for reply and call back!!

Hey who's yer FO  :D

Tenpoint5

Do to budget constraints That would be me!! I am waiting on a call back from a fella named Wade. I believe he is higher up in the food chain at Royall. By the way the company is located in the Wisconsin Dells which is only a couple hour drive for me. May just have to take a roadtrip. You want to go with me?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

FYI

nepas does not sell Traeger grills or belong to the company.

I used to have one is all.

Tenpoint5

I spoke with Wade this afternoon. Had a very good conversation with him. The company is just trying to get their legs under them at this time and they are still trying to get feedback on this new product. They are testing and trying to identify any design flaws on the product and making improvements. They will be rolling out several models of the Royall Pellet grill here in the near future. Hope this helps.