HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: OU812 on February 02, 2010, 09:23:32 AM
Quote from: oakville smoker on February 02, 2010, 09:17:52 AM
OU

Could you see the entire track at Dega?
2.66 miles is a long way around
That was the beauty of Pocono even at 2.5 miles

hee haa  Shoot outs this Saturday night at Daytona
Since I have not used the snow blower this winter, I should start it up in the garage at race time, hook an exhaust hose
up to the muffler and try to re create the at track experience in my living room .....

68 inch flat screen, surround sound, gas fumes, almost likebeing there !

You can see all the way around, the cars are smaller than a Hot Wheel on the back stretch. No campers on the in field too, they are on a hill next to the back stretch.

You will have to put race fuel in the snow blower to get the race track experience, race fuel has a distinct smell to it.

Gotta love it.

Nascar needs SmellAVision to.

If you ever have the chance, go to a Bristol race, night or day.

It's quite the experience!!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

Yep, been to Bristol 3 times.  Ain't no other track like it.  Love that place.

KyNola

Ka Honu

Quote from: oakville smoker on February 02, 2010, 09:17:52 AMSince I have not used the snow blower this winter, I should start it up in the garage at race time, hook an exhaust hose up to the muffler and try to re create the at track experience in my living room ...
Quote from: OU812 on February 02, 2010, 09:23:32 AM...You will have to put race fuel in the snow blower to get the race track experience...

...all, of course, while saying, "Hold my beer and watch this one."

Sounds like a "how-to" guide for Darwin Award nominations.

SnellySmokesEm

Daytona Here!!!!
Yes Nascar has got it done right with allowing coolers in the track.  But what else would you expect.  Could you imagine what would happen if they ran out of beer??????
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

They dont let you bring in ANYTHING at the Kansas race track, nope not even a unopened bottle of water.

Drug dogs at the gate and state troopers every where.

Might have to check out Bristol Some day.

FLBentRider

Quote from: OU812 on February 02, 2010, 11:35:59 AM
They dont let you bring in ANYTHING at the Kansas race track, nope not even a unopened bottle of water.

Drug dogs at the gate and state troopers every where.

Might have to check out Bristol Some day.

That was the scene @ the Pro Bowl.

For Regular season games you can bring unopened water.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Quote from: KyNola on February 02, 2010, 09:54:04 AM
Yep, been to Bristol 3 times.  Ain't no other track like it.  Love that place.

KyNola

Except never having been lucky enough to snag tickets there.  AND not liking it, because it always ran the weekend we had to take my daughter back to school at ETSU - never any rooms.  Now 'Dega is a trip.  However, always had it pretty nice - fly up, land next to the track, bus picks you up takes you almost to your seat, watch race, bus picks you up almost at your seat, get back on plane, fly back, in Nashville before most people are out of the parking lot.  Only bad thing about that is you miss all the "sights" in the infield.   
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

oakville smoker

Caney

that is the way to go.  We left Pocono Raceway and it took us over 3 hours to get back to our hotel compared to the 25 minutes
to drive in bright eyed and bushey tailed in the morning.  Logistics at these races are a nightmare   
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Quote from: oakville smoker on February 04, 2010, 03:34:08 PM
Caney

that is the way to go.  We left Pocono Raceway and it took us over 3 hours to get back to our hotel compared to the 25 minutes
to drive in bright eyed and bushey tailed in the morning.  Logistics at these races are a nightmare   

We always spend that 3 hr in the parking lot havin fun with our neighbors that we just met.  ;D

Ka Honu

OU beat me to it.  I was gonna say that post-race/game tailgates are some of the best parties.

OU812

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 04, 2010, 03:40:01 PM
OU beat me to it.  I was gonna say that post-race/game tailgates are some of the best parties.

Always a good time.

FLBentRider

Quote from: OU812 on February 04, 2010, 03:45:53 PM
Quote from: Ka Honu on February 04, 2010, 03:40:01 PM

Always a good time.

Oh yeah. We always tailgate after

at one of the game a buddy of mine was in a hurry to get out there and sit in the traffic. We tailgated for an  hour after the game, then left. We go home at the same time as he did.

Sit and chill or get steamed in traffic ? DUH!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

oakville smoker

We were newbies
We had no idea !
Apparently the bus opotion is usually the best but and extra helping of tailgating would have been better
Plus we were staying at a hotel with a private pool, whirlpool and sauna in our room and wanted to get our moneys worth
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Ka Honu

Quote from: oakville smoker on February 04, 2010, 06:45:03 PM... we were staying at a hotel with a private pool, whirlpool and sauna in our room and wanted to get our moneys worth

Yeah, I can see where three hours sitting in traffic is getting your money's worth (and you didn't think we got cold in Hawaii).

Caneyscud

Done the three hours in traffic at Indy.  Flew in on a MU-2 (making me nervous as their safety record was/is suspect) and hopped a bus to the Brickyard.  Had a great time, but when leaving, the 15 minute bus ride to the track, turned into a 3+ hour bus ride back out to the airport.  The Brickyard and the 500 are fun times and so much history and pomp. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"