Chicken racks and forks

Started by str1der, April 08, 2005, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

str1der

Saw this on overstock and didn't know if anyone would be interested.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=833174

Smok'em if you got'em

jaeger

str1dlr,
Looks like a nice dual rack. What I like is, with the wire frame, the inside of the chicken should cook better.
Thanks for the link!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

I have one arriving tomorrow--I'll let everyone know how they work!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

Just tried out the Ewins chicken holder, the Ewins rib/potato holder, and the Overstock "double chicken holder", all on my Weber grill.

The rib/potato holder works really well, and potatoes are done in less time than usual, probably because the netal spike that holds them helps cook the potatoes from the inside.

I didn't notice any difference in the taste or time of cooking of the chickens done with either the Ewins or double-chicken holder.  I used beer plus some soy sauce in both.  The theoretical advantage to the double-chicken holder is that it is an open-wire frame (the Ewins uses a solid metal base) and thus might allow more grill/smoke flavor to penetrate the chicken.  The advantage to the Ewins is that you don't need to have a can of beer handy--I buy mainly bottled beer--you just add beer and whatever other ingredients you want to the built-in "can".  I know I could just use a can over and over in the double-holder, but I suppose my ideal unit would be a combination of the two:  a double chicken holder built on a wire frame, but with built-in cans.

Either works really well--my family thought the beer/soy chicken was the best NON-SMOKED poultry they had ever tasted--so perhaps price and personal taste should dictate your choice.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

str1der

Looking at the forks that came with it I would think they would work well for pulling pork or chicken.

Smok'em if you got'em