Birthday Brisket

Started by MPTubbs, February 02, 2010, 05:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickWL63

MP, we've chatted before, I just haven't been on in a couple of weeks, dang work got in the way.  I live in Grandview south of Walnut Creek Lake.  I'm smoking tonight in the light snow storm.  I have 13 summer sausage hanging right now (close to 25 lbs).  That is quite a load in the Bradley, but I have time.

I will probably throw the grill cover over the electronics before heading to bed, but I want the smoke to be done so I can change the water before heading to the rack.  Not sure I want to wait another 3-hours though.  It's almost midnight now.

MPTubbs

Well hello again Rick!

This is what I'm smoke'n in the snow......well I'm in the garage and see the snow out the door.

Here's at 7:00pm

And at 7:00am. this morning.
IT is at 151*.

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

classicrockgriller

Looking Good!

FIL will be a happy camper.

MPTubbs

Thanks CRG!

I just hope their done by 3 or 4 pm so I can FTC for 3 hours.

Feeding time will be around 7 tonight.

The last few days I have a couple of people bringing me food (chines, pizza, KFC,) kind of a bribe if you will, so I will set a plate at the dinner table for them!

:D

classicrockgriller

Think you had a good plan from the start.

It's nice to be catered to while you are slaving over the smoker. ;D

RickWL63

Looks good Mike!  I shoveled the deck off and left it sit out back all night with the summer sausages.  Just shifted them to the oven so I can get the chicken in the smoker and pulled the Pork Butt out so it can get to room temp.  While slathering and injecting this pork butt, I noticed that the Base grocery store deboned it.  Hoping to have chicken for supper tonight and pork butt for the Super Bowl.

Rick

Pachanga

MPTubbs,

You are kicking it bud.

I can't wait to see the finished product and hear what the birthday boy has to say.

RickWL63,

You are dedicated.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

classicrockgriller

Rick, if your Butt is deboned, You may want to tie it together to keep pieces of it from drying out.

If you tie it up, becareful when you probe it for IT so that you don't hit a vacant pocket in the Butt.

RickWL63

CRG, thanks for the tip.  I will pay attention to that.  Don't have anything handy to tie it up with today, so I will keep an eye on it.  I laid a good amount of marinade in there as I was slathering and injecting this one.

The chicken is up to 133* IT now.  Got the butt rising to room temp.  Hope to have it in by 6 p.m. so it will be ready for the Super Bowl.  I haven't shut my Bradley off since 5 p.m. yesterday.  Probably won't until I pull the Butt out tomorrow.

Pachanga, I try!  Also do my best to "keep it real..."   ;D  If I don't know something, I ask questions.  I'm definitely glad I found you guys.

Rick

MPTubbs

Another perfect Pachanga brisket!

I think the Birthday Boy is still eating.
What can I say......

Plate full of brisket and corn bread with pinto beans.
Thanks Pachanga!

The beans were a hit!
We will be doing them again.

Damn this is fun!!  ;D

RickWL63

Mike, it all looks awesome.  I will be trying brisket soon.

I got the summer sausage iced down and chilling, took the chicken out and ate most of it.  Now the Pork Butt is going through the smoke.  I hope it will be done by Super Bowl time.  I want to be done cooking and enjoy the game.  I might have to get a Sams Club card and join you and OU.

Rick

classicrockgriller

Looks mighty good ... except for them green balls on your plate. ;D

Glad Paw-in-Law was full!
If he is full he is happy.

MPTubbs

Quote from: RickWL63 on February 06, 2010, 06:10:56 PM
Mike, it all looks awesome.  I will be trying brisket soon.

I got the summer sausage iced down and chilling, took the chicken out and ate most of it.  Now the Pork Butt is going through the smoke.  I hope it will be done by Super Bowl time.  I want to be done cooking and enjoy the game.  I might have to get a Sam's Club card and join you and OU.

Rick

Rick, your more than welcome to join the Sam's club party!

CRG, thanks!

He's happy and I can here them laughing in the kitchen as I type.

All is good at the home tonight!

classicrockgriller

Well tell him We are giving him a forum Birthday Cake.

From all of "US" to him.

MPTubbs

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 06, 2010, 06:27:01 PM
Well tell him We are giving him a forum Birthday Cake.

From all of "US" to him.

:D :D  Will do buddy!  :D :D