Birthday Brisket

Started by MPTubbs, February 02, 2010, 05:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

By the way ... tatoo is on my shoulder.

Pachanga

Fine looking table my compadre'.

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck, happy trails and get some beano or other antiflatulent before it is too late.

Pachanga

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

classicrockgriller

MPTubbs

classicrockgriller

RickWL63

Don't think my Pork Butt is going to make it for the game.  Hit a big stall this morning and the water bowl was bone dry when I woke up.  Vents wide open, turned the smoke gen on this morning, just hit 160* IT a few minutes ago.  Moved the probe to make sure I wasn't in a pocket.  (I was judging by the last one I cooked, as it took about 20 hours, thought 5 p.m. yesterday was early enough...).  Still have to factor in the FTC process, unless I decide to skip it (undecided).  It might be time to look at the options and have pulled pork sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.  The guys and gals at work will be jealous.   ;)

Chicken is now completely devoured, wife loved it.  Broke into a summer sausage too, best batch I've done so far.  I do believe I am getting the hang of using my Bradley.

FLBentRider

I'm not sure what timezone you're in, but from here you are already into 24 hours.

when mine hit 160F they still have 3 to 4 hours to go.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

RickWL63

Nebraska is in the Central Time Zone.  We still have about an hour before it hits the 24-hour point.  This is an 8.5 lb butt.  I might just pull it out at 165* IT and slice it.  Or, it will be tomorrow's lunch.

RickWL63

okay, 8 p.m. and just put the piggie in the oven.  IT was 167* and it is 8 p.m.  27 hours in the Bradley.  I'm now at the dilemma of slicing or letting it go toward pulled pork?  Didn't have supper, but my summer sausage got me through.  Not sure if I was working the vents correctly, which might have caused the time issue?

Pachanga

Pulled Pork if your not hungry.

Pachanga

MPTubbs

Investing all that time I'd go for pulled pork!

27 hours??...I never had a smoke go that long yet.

RickWL63

Well, the stomach won out.  I got hungry and sliced it up.  Nice, juicy and tender.  I will conquer this.