John

Oh, didnt know the were sold out also.

You didnt need to yell.  ;D

BigJohnT

I didn't yell, I just copy and pasted from the site  ;D

John

OU812

John

A little off topic, but can you put teeth back on the vert. shaft of a stuffer?

OU812

I can get one.

The shaft is from a Cabela's / Weston 11 lb stuffer, just like you have but the newer model.

lumpy

The manufacturer of the stuffer motor might have a pdf file for repair of the motor assembly.
I'm assuming that the man. uses off the shelf spline rather than make their own.

Maybe call the repair department and they might even tell you the pattern/sizes of the spline.

Lump

lumpy

The splines on the Cabelas motor assembly look like they are square.
Take the ID of the female part, use new shafting and mill two keystocks cutouts onto the shaft. You won't need an indexing head for this.

Take this new part, bore hole on the end to fit the stuffer shaft and use a set screw to  mate to the flat on the stuffer.
What also needs to be done is some kind of motor clamps to stop it from spinning on you.

I'm thinking out loud here.

Lump

Mr Walleye

BigJohn

I bought my motor for mine directly from Weston Supply. It was a rebuilt unit with full warranty. I can't remember the price for sure but I think it was something like $140. They don't list them on the web site but they quit often have them if you call.

http://www.westonsupply.com/

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

BigJohnT

Quote from: OU812 on February 03, 2010, 01:11:23 PM
I can get one.

The shaft is from a Cabela's / Weston 11 lb stuffer, just like you have but the newer model.

Mine is not the Weston stuffer and there in lies the problem for me. Mine is a Sportsman

http://www.homedepot.com/Kitchen-Kitchen-Tools/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zaqzo/R-100646980/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

John

BigJohnT

Mike,

Thanks for the tip. I might end up getting a Weston just to avoid the hassle of trying to adapt from one to another.

John

OU812

Quote from: BigJohnT on February 03, 2010, 02:23:20 PM
Quote from: OU812 on February 03, 2010, 01:11:23 PM
I can get one.

Mine is not the Weston stuffer and there in lies the problem for me. Mine is a Sportsman

http://www.homedepot.com/Kitchen-Kitchen-Tools/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zaqzo/R-100646980/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

John

I will get a picture tonight.

OU812

Got some pictures for ya.
This is the spline shaft that the motor connects to.

This is the shaft I was wounderin if you could put teeth back on.

Let me know if you need more.

BigJohnT

OU812,

That don't look good. I don't think I can do much with that. So I wonder what were you doing when you broke them?

Thanks for the pic of the splines.

Thanks
John

OU812

Quote from: BigJohnT on February 05, 2010, 07:36:20 AM
OU812,

That don't look good. I don't think I can do much with that. So I wonder what were you doing when you broke them?

Thanks for the pic of the splines.

Thanks
John

Thats the way it came, they had problems with people breakin the plunger by bottoming it out, so to stop that from happening again they ground off the teeth at the factory.

They ground off too many, and it leaves about 3/4" of meat in the bottom of the stuffer.

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try.