Crazy Jerky Question

Started by wally22, January 30, 2010, 04:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally22

I was thinking of trying some CT on some Jerky and was wondering if any of you folks have tried it? I have 20 pounds of venison cut and seasoned ready to go and have done about 5 pounds. Thinking of keeping a little back and putting some CT on to see what happens. I see a lot of you folks using it on this forum so I had to order it and have used it and it's great.
Thanks Wally22

Up In Smoke

Wally,
I have not tried CT, but just about anything you could imagine is worth at least one try!
set up a small batch and
GO FOR IT!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

I dont see why you couldnt use CT

Let us know how the jerky turns out.

Quarlow

I tried it and aside from me over cooking it, it was a perfect taste for jerky. I will definitely do it again. In fact I liked it so much that I will be ordering a gallon of CT so I can make more CT jerky. Awesome
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BigJohnT

Quarlow, Did you marinate the meat in the CT or just add it just before smoking?

JT

NePaSmoKer

Yeah CT is good stuff.

We are going to Ft Bragg in March my son and daughter in law have 2 cases for me.

Quarlow

Yeah I marinated it in a ziplock over night. I didn't rinse it or anything, just pulled it out of the bag and laid it on the racks so it had lots of residue on it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

wally22

pfowl01

BigJohnT

Carolina Treet, if you can't find it locally you can get it from Scott's Place.

John

NePaSmoKer

OU812

CT on jerky does sound good.

wally22

Well I did it, put some CT on some deer jerky. I already had it cured with HI MOUNTAIN original jerky seasoning so I brushed on some CT and sprinkled some Bad Byron's Butt Rub on. The wife loved it and stated that's my kind of hot. So if you are thinking of doing it just do it you wont be disappointed. 

Up In Smoke

Quote from: wally22 on February 05, 2010, 01:54:20 PM
Well I did it, put some CT on some deer jerky. I already had it cured with HI MOUNTAIN original jerky seasoning so I brushed on some CT and sprinkled some Bad Byron's Butt Rub on. The wife loved it and stated that's my kind of hot. So if you are thinking of doing it just do it you wont be disappointed. 
Thanks Wally!
gonna have to give that a try.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.