To Mop or Not to Mop - That is the Question

Started by Pachanga, February 05, 2010, 10:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTubbs

If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Quarlow

Amen Brother. You have nothing to fear of rejection. That as a BBQ descriptive was very eloquently sighted in a masculine Pitboss kind if manner. You rock.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

JF7FSU

Pachanga,

As a rookie smoker, I have benefited from your many posits and pontifications.  Thank you for the posts.  In honor of this post, I am now soliciting "secret" mop recipe's from the members for my next brisket smoke.  I am a better cook from belonging to this board and people like you who share your years of experience and tricks.  Like your posts, Habenero Smoker, NEPAS, CRG, Ka Hona, FLBR, LTS, 10.5, STC, OU812 all are mentors to the rookies like myself.  I thank you all.   My cooking/smoking has gotten so good, I am having people call me to request I throw parties now.  If not a party, I never get turned down for some friends to watch a game.

I believe I am hearing the eruption from Texas from you and Caneyscud's miscellaneous flatuations all the way here in Florida. Keep your smoking slow and your knives sharp.

Jeff

Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

Ka Honu

Quote from: JF7FSU on February 07, 2010, 09:46:21 AM... Habenero Smoker, NEPAS, CRG, Ka Hona, FLBR, LTS, 10.5, STC, OU812 all are mentors ...

Gee, never thought of any of us as "mentors" although the term "mental" often comes to mind.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 08, 2010, 05:35:03 PM
Quote from: JF7FSU on February 07, 2010, 09:46:21 AM... Habenero Smoker, NEPAS, CRG, Ka Hona, FLBR, LTS, 10.5, STC, OU812 all are mentors ...

Gee, never thought of any of us as "mentors" although the term "mental" often comes to mind.

I know I belong in "mental" dept. ;D

hal4uk

MENSAS?  A turtle, a monkey, and a satellite-controlled cat?  Whoda thunk?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Pachanga

QuoteIt also keeps me off the psychiatrist couch.  Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

I thought I was writing to do the above and not be mental.  But after considering the mental, mento mensas that hang out on this board I'm more confused than ever.

I'm back on the couch and sending the bill to Playboy Ka Honu's Island getaway.

Pachanga

hal4uk

Quote from: Pachanga on February 08, 2010, 08:14:37 PM
QuoteIt also keeps me off the psychiatrist couch.  Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest.
I thought I was writing to do the above and not be mental.  But after considering the mental, mento mensas that hang out on this board I'm more confused than ever.
I'm back on the couch and sending the bill to Playboy Ka Honu's Island getaway.
Pachanga
Whatever ya done...  Ya done good.  Nice read, and I love the B&W image; and it makes ya think...
If we could bring the old timers back...  What would they think of what we do today?
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

MPTubbs

Interesting thought hal4uk about what they would think.

I think they would give it a thumbs up.

Bradley + chair + adult beverage = Great Q!

;D
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Pachanga

QuoteBradley + chair + adult beverage = Great Q!

Add the dog, some kids and old folks, some compadres and a water hose (in the summer) and you have a pachanga.  The wife has the prerogative to attend but she may want to take the opportunity to rest.

Definition of Pachanga

Pachanga is a South Texas Mexican slang word meaning a wild rowdy fiesta (party) which usually involves barbeque, music, family (including the little ones and dogs), compadres and outdoor cooking.

As used in a sentence:

We are throwing a Pachanga this weekend.  I'll supply the meat.  You bring the Cerveza.  And not that ++*xx^% skunky stuff you brought last time, you cheap *x**^%%%**.  Lone Star longnecks will be fine.

Good luck and may all your Pachangas be full of fun and food.

Pachanga

mow_delon

Wow, you guys sure are long winded.  I don't even know enough stuff to write a post that long!

Pachanga

Quote from: mow_delon on February 12, 2010, 07:06:34 AM
Wow, you guys sure are long winded.  I don't even know enough stuff to write a post that long!

I may be long winded and slow but I sure do poor work. ;D

Pachanga

seemore

I just love to pop in on these posts, read the words of the mental mentors, get a good chuckle, and be on my merry way....
Mrs

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Ka Honu

Quote from: Pachanga on February 12, 2010, 07:18:47 AMI may be long winded and slow but I sure do poor work. ;D

Sounds like you're a government employee.*

*Note:  Category includes, but is not limited to, politicians.