vinager BBQ sauce

Started by love the smoke, February 06, 2010, 06:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

I am looking for a vinegar based bbq sauce recipe. Now i am usually a Ketchup/tomato based BBQ saucer but I would like to expand my horizons taste buds and try something different. So does anybodyu have something simple I can try on my Butt that is smoking as I type

LTS
LTS

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

love the smoke

i found that shortly after I posted my question, has anyone tried this before

LTS

LTS

JF7FSU

I have used it several times on pulled Butt.  I usually toss the meat with this vinegar sauce after pulling. It is amazingly delicious.   I'm also thinking it might make a good mop too!
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: JF7FSU on February 06, 2010, 07:32:54 PM
I have used it several times on pulled Butt.  I usually toss the meat with this vinegar sauce after pulling. It is amazingly delicious.   I'm also thinking it might make a good mop too!

Ditto on using it on pulled pork and it's great.

Haven't tried it as a mop but just might work!
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

I use Vaunted Vinegar on a lot of things.

Pork butt, brisket, baked chicken...

I add a little arrowroot dissolved in a little water to it while it is on the stove. Thickens it up nice.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

I love it, I just have to add more Black pepper.

Now maybe Malabar Black Pepper if I can find it in Peppercorn state to grind it course.

Habanero Smoker

I use it all the time for pulled pork. As JF7FSU, I mix it in with the pulled pork, but also have some on the side. It is also a good base for a vinegar mustard or vinegar tomato sauce. Just add either yellow mustard, or catsup or your favorite BBQ sauce to your taste and thickness. Then adjust the seasoning, and the sweet to sour taste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)