Auber problems????????

Started by bundy, February 07, 2010, 05:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Hi Folks
I'm in 10 hours of a overnight smoke, and found out this am that the Auber was only showing 185* while I have it set to 200* with it going off when IT reaches 185*. The bradley is showing 200* plus so I stuck a maverick in and that shows around 200* also. I have checked settings, reset Auber etc, moved the small probe around the cabinet etc and still only get up to 187*, it does go down when I open the door.

Only other thing is the puck feeder seems to do 1 or 2 then gets stuck or "E" comes on and I had just taken it apart and cleaned before this smoke.

Doing 2 Antelope Hams, 4# each and they are showing IT of 137*

Thanks for any help

bundy

FLBentRider

Where did you have the auber probe located ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bundy

I had the long one in the meat and the short one I have relocated to several spots in the BDS, have hanging down from top rack now. Now the PID showing around 195*, Maverick 216* and the BDS is 212*. IT probe is showing 146*

FLBentRider

The auber box probe - If you put it as near as you can to the maverick probe, what does it read ?

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bundy

Now it's 199* and Maverick is 226*

FLBentRider

Sounds like the auber probe is not working. I would test it with the maverick in boiling water.

So I assume that the auber is set to less that, and it is keeping the box element on.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bundy

bundy

I put the Maverick probe into the meat, next to the Auber probe that is reading 151* and the Maverick is reading 172* or about 20* difference in that probe also so it must be the Auber PID that is off around 20*.
I'll have to give them a call Monday, Thanks for you help FLB.