Need a stand

Started by hercules, December 18, 2004, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hercules

I'm looking for a stand for my BS. I read the thread on stands already that suggests the one at Sam's, but it either is discontionued or I just can't find it. Anyway, I'm curious about what people put here BS on, or does it just sit on the ground? Would be nice to have a rack that has a drawer for accessories also. Thanks!!

hercules

Fuzzybear

Hey Herc!

WHen you find a good one, let us know.  Most of us just have it on the floor/ground/deck...I'd like a nice stand too but short of making one, it will be difficult at best.  

At one time, I thought perhaps using a tool cart like what mechanics use but some of those are pretty expensive.

Ideally, I'd like one of metal with wheels that lock in place and have it large enough to store my pucks underneath, some gloves and tools on the side...

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

Habanero Smoker

The cart from Sam's Club works great. They still have them in stock where I'm located, Upstate NY. Have you tried ordering on-line. I believe Sam's will deliver to the Sam's Club nearest you, if not to your front door.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

start checking out all the tool places or hardware stores, for carts , also look at welding shops for carts, i just made a big shelf outside my back door , put it up about 4 feet up, makes it nice, the plug is right there. and have about a 3' overhang on the roof. now it sits there coverd up and ready to go. this place has alt of carts but a bit to much $. http://www.dcgraves.com/cart.htm

nsxbill

I checked at Sam's in Folsom on Sat, and they still had them in stock.  Just a run on them in your neck of the woods, I guess.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

hercules

Thanks for the responses, least the BS is light so I can always carry it back and forth to the deck. Plus I don't have to explain to the wife where the new cart came from...."Oh that cart dear, it came with the smoker" [:D]

hercules

SmokinLarry

I keep mine in the garage so it's out of the weather, so i built a little platform with casters that lock. Just roll it out to the drive and when done roll it back. Works great.

ChefBill

I just picked up a furniture dolly from "Harbor Freight" for $15 that will hold 1000# and it's just right for a BS. rolls easy with BS on it and just right size unless you need shelves underneath it.  Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Harpo

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ChefBill</i>
<br />I just picked up a furniture dolly from "Harbor Freight" for $15 that will hold 1000# and it's just right for a BS. rolls easy with BS on it and just right size unless you need shelves underneath it.  Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hello I'm new to this forum, but I did find a nice cart at Lowe's. Its made of Maple and no tools are required to build it. It all filds out to make a unique utility cart. It has 2 draqwers a shelf and a cabinet below with to doors. when the BS is sitting in top it is at eye level and also the top is flat so you won't have any trouble opening the doors Its on wheels that have brakes. The cost is $46.00 Hope this helps........

nsxbill

Check out this link.  Lots of dialog here and options on cart:

http://bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1290

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Cajun

I bought a nice two foot by four foot fiberglass type folding table from Lowe's for $20.00 and you have room to work on the side of the BS so you can fold it up and take it with you :)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

coyote

Good to see your post Nxsbill , Your knowlege is always an assett to this place. Have missed seeing you
on the forum lately.
                                                                           Coyote