Iron Chef Bradley V Ingredient and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, February 09, 2010, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

OK folks it has been long enough. The time has come for another ICB. Are you ready??? For the new folks this is how it works.

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE INGREDIENTS???

The Ingredients are:

Stew Meat

Bell Pepper
Cornbread stuffing mix

The Picture turn in thread will be unlocked on February 23rd. Turn in will be from the 23rd thru the 28th of February. Voting will be March 1st thru the 5th.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

Lay it on me brother
I see an ass whooping coming
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

ronbeaux

Stew meat meaning any kind of meat cut into stew size pieces??
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

lumpy

In other words.....can we grind the stew meat? Any kind of meat?

Are these the only ingredients or can I add more to the three?

Lump

8) (Game face is on)

lumpy

BTW for those of us in the deprived north....a bell pepper is the same as a red pepper.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ronbeaux on February 09, 2010, 01:48:20 PM
Stew meat meaning any kind of meat cut into stew size pieces??
The only kind of stew meat I usually see in the store is BEEF. So in the interest of fairness. I will say that it should be BEEF stew meat.

ronbeaux

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on February 09, 2010, 02:19:40 PM
In other words.....can we grind the stew meat? Any kind of meat?

Are these the only ingredients or can I add more to the three?

Lump

8) (Game face is on)

In the basic rules:
The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

How you accomplish this is up to you!! You may want to do a search for Iron Chef Turn in threads from the previous ICB to give you ideas of what is about to happen here.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on February 09, 2010, 02:20:58 PM
BTW for those of us in the deprived north....a bell pepper is the same as a red pepper.

Bell pepper can be Red, Green or Yellow your choice.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on February 09, 2010, 02:37:19 PM
I'm in.

Prize?

I am sure I can come up with something by the time the voting is complete. But for now It is Bragging rights!! ;D ;D

ronbeaux

When can I turn in the pics? I'll be out of town in a bbq comp the weekend of the 5th.

lumpy

I'll keep my mouth shut from here on in. ::)

Lump