Iron Chef Bradley V Ingredient and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, February 09, 2010, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

These are the Dinner bells.

And I have decided to give two along with the Dutch oven to 2nd place,

and I will give two dinner bells to 3rd place.

Good luck and get your thinking caps on.

PS. I will pay shipping.

Caribou

BC Smokin'

How or who is going to judge this thing? Is this going to be fair and square?

Thanks for the great prizes, I'll send you my address 10.5.

I'm making the winning entry tomorrow.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

classicrockgriller

BC, it is a poll vote which is about as honest as you can get.

Make a good recipe, take good pics of your steps and explain the details.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Caribou

They might but I would worry that folks with limited bandwidth may not be able to view them.
Carolyn

ronbeaux

Got ya. I figure this will take at least 27 pictures with side bars from other sources and at least three critics explaining how the process worked. ;D

Of course I could be wrong.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ronbeaux on February 18, 2010, 04:06:46 PM
Got ya. I figure this will take at least 27 pictures with side bars from other sources and at least three critics explaining how the process worked. ;D

ron, pics of your food always says a 1000 words.

Ka Honu

So is ICB a cooking competition or a photography contest?

Caribou

Quote from: ronbeaux on February 18, 2010, 04:06:46 PM

What you could do is pick out some key preparation pictures for your entry and then post a link to another site for your video.
Carolyn

squirtthecat

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 18, 2010, 04:28:16 PM
So is ICB a cooking competition or a photography contest?

Naw, I'd do one and shoot if with my cell phone if I had the time to do it... 
(and a halfway decent idea what to make!)

Ka Honu

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 18, 2010, 07:10:26 PM

Naw, I'd do one and shoot if with my cell phone if I had the time to do it... 
(and a halfway decent idea what to make!)

Welcome to "bold & blue."

I know where you're coming from on time & ideas but I found an even better excuse reason for not stepping up to the plate (or smoker or grill or whatever) on this one:  With all the neat prizes being offered, the donors would go broke shipping them to me.  I'm too nice to let that happen and too cheap to pay for it myself.  TMS&ISTI.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BC Smokin' on February 18, 2010, 01:20:29 PM
How or who is going to judge this thing? Is this going to be fair and square?

BCS
That is a good question to ask for all the new people.
The judging is done by your peers which is every regitered member of the forum. Once all of the entries have been posted. I will put one final post in the Turn-In thread showing the final plated picture from each entry. I will also place a poll at the top of the thread listing each of the entrants. The poll WILL BE a blind poll. Meaning that you will not be able to see which entry is leading the vote count until after you have cast your vote. As is the norm I will cast the last vote on the poll. So there WILL NOT be a tie. I hope this explains the judging and voting process. It is a really simple process unless you live in Florida, then things get kind of hairy!! (We do make special arrangements for FLB)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 18, 2010, 08:29:31 PM...As is the norm I will cast the last vote on the poll. So there WILL NOT be a tie.

How does that ensure that there's not a tie? (unless you decide to cast another "last vote" to break a tie if there is one after your first "last vote" is cast)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 18, 2010, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 18, 2010, 08:29:31 PM...As is the norm I will cast the last vote on the poll. So there WILL NOT be a tie.

How does that ensure that there's not a tie? (unless you decide to cast another "last vote" to break a tie if there is one after your first "last vote" is cast)

Ahh my young Turtle one must read into the answer much better. I said THERE WILL NOT BE A TIE, I cast the last vote and if you have started any polls you will remember that I have the power as the one who created the poll to clear all votes and make the final decision or vote have you. So NO TIES.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!