Iron Chef Bradley V Ingredient and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, February 09, 2010, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 19, 2010, 04:48:30 AM
Quote from: Ka Honu on February 18, 2010, 10:42:04 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 18, 2010, 08:29:31 PM...As is the norm I will cast the last vote on the poll. So there WILL NOT be a tie.

How does that ensure that there's not a tie? (unless you decide to cast another "last vote" to break a tie if there is one after your first "last vote" is cast)

Ahh my young Turtle one must read into the answer much better. I said THERE WILL NOT BE A TIE, I cast the last vote and if you have started any polls you will remember that I have the power as the one who created the poll to clear all votes and make the final decision or vote have you. So NO TIES.

I think 10.5 is saying, If and when the poll is closed and there is a tie, he will cast a vote and break the tie.

If there is no tie, he just won't vote.

That is how I read this. But, maybe I wrong. ;D

BC Smokin'

Sounds good 10.5, thanks for explaining the voting.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

classicrockgriller

BC Smokin'

Corsicana, Texas, it's about 50 miles south of Dallas.

Home of the first oil well in Texas, and home of the Collins St. Bakery and their famous fruitcake.
BC Smokin'

Tenpoint5

CRG You have it right except that I always vote. I may vote for the tie breaker or I may vote for the dish that doesn't have any votes yet, but I always vote.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BC Smokin' on February 19, 2010, 06:34:50 AM
Home of the Collins St. Bakery and their famous fruitcake.
I thought Livingston, Tx had the famous Fruitcake. Never mind CRG isn't famous yet.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Corsicana, Texas, it's about 50 miles south of Dallas.

Home of the first oil well in Texas, and home of the Collins St. Bakery and their famous fruitcake.

BC, I went to school in Port Neches and "our" school books told us that Spindletop (Beaumont)

was the first Texas oil well. But then again Texas is so BIG that it can have two "first" oil wells.

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 19, 2010, 06:38:29 AM
Home of the Collins St. Bakery and their famous fruitcake.
I thought Livingston, Tx had the famous Fruitcake. Never mind CRG isn't famous yet.

I'm a legend in my own mind. ;D

Ka Honu

10.5 - I dunno; it sounds like good old election fraud to me (but thanks for calling me "young").

Caribou

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 19, 2010, 07:38:50 AM
10.5 - I dunno; it sounds like good old election fraud to me (but thanks for calling me "young").
It's only fraud if someone votes more than once.
:D :D
Carolyn

BC Smokin'

BC Smokin'

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BC Smokin' on February 19, 2010, 10:32:40 AM
How many entries can we submit?
Most of us brain damaged fools have a hard enough time coming up with one entry let alone two!!!

Gonna have to throw that question out to the masses. Limit to ONE entry or can someone have TWO separate entries?

Ka Honu

IMO, ICB should be limited to one entry per person - their best shot.  If they have other recipes worth of submission, they should choose only their "best" and post the others afterward.  If they don't know which one is "best," they can have a mini-ICB for friends and family to make the selection.

Tiny Tim

I agree it should be one per poster, but if you have more than one recipe, have your wife and/or girlfriend sign up and post other entries (if I would happen to have more than one, I'd sign up one of my kitties ;D ).

BC Smokin'

I agree, I can make both up and see which is better, and post that. Good idea.
BC Smokin'

ronbeaux

Mine is done. I have out done myself. It's fantastic. Extraordinary. Met all of the rules. One bite gets it all. 98% cooked outside using three instruments to get it done, 5 if you count the two inside that got used for a few minutes each. My brain hurts.

Go home. I got this one.

I'll send a vintage copy of "The Escoffier Cook Book" to anyone who guesses what it is. Copyright 1941

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.