First smoke for 2010

Started by BC Smokin', February 10, 2010, 11:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Smokin'

Just had my first smoke for 2010, we are very surprised at the high temps here, we usually run about -40 here this time of year, of course no smoking at that low temp.  We are basking the in mid 30s and even mid 40s some days.

I wanted to fill the smoker, so bought some Pork side ribs and one pork butt. This filled it nicely. I used hickory pucks for 4 hours, then wrapped the ribs in foil with some homemade bbq sauce. I used a Tony Romas copycat recipe I got from Recipezaar. I changed the vinegar to red wine vinegar and next time will cut down on the vinegar, it was a bit strong for our taste. Also used a basic rub found in the BBQ Grill book, but a little salty, so will cut that next time too. Or just use different recipes next time, it is so much fun experimenting.

Anyway, after foiling the ribs I finished them in the oven for another 4 hours. The meat was pulled back form the bones, but not falling off the bone. But still nice and tender.

I put the pork  butt on the grill. Mopped it with more of the homemade sauce for another 4 hours, then I put it in the oven for another couple of hours, as it was dark by now. Took it out at 9PM and pulled it, it pulled real easy.

Had our son over for dinner, he thinks I should go into competition bbqing. Sure nice to hear a nice compliment like that.

http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss236/northwoods_01/2010%20Smokes/

BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BC Smokin'

Thanks tenpoint, but how did you do that? I would love to see a sticky on how to upload photos.
BC Smokin'

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

after you load your pictures onto photobucket, click on the picture you want to put in the thread. Then look on the left hand side you will see several different codes. you want to copy and paste the IMG code into your thread and your pictures will be there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BC Smokin'

BC Smokin'

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BC Smokin'

hey, I did it! Thanks tenpoint.
BC Smokin'

Quarlow

Now to jump to the next level, if you go right below "Up load images & videos" bar it says "Use CTRL to select multiple files (more options)". If you click on this you can set the size of your pics when they up load saving you from having to resize pics.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

seemore

NePaSmoKer

RickWL63