President's day smoke in the new DBS...I hope

Started by Tommy3Putts, February 11, 2010, 05:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy3Putts

Well I couldn't stand it any longer.  After being stuck in doors for the last five days with the two D.C. area snow storms and reading all the posts on this site, I had to order the 6 DBS, Maverick dual probe, and mesquite, pecan and hickory bisquettes this afternoon from Amazon.  Great deal and free shipping. Amazon rocks! 

All items are supposed to be delivered on Saturday. Now I just need to shovel out a spot on my patio covered with three feet of snow for a President's  day smoke.  If I can make it to to Costco, I'll do some spare ribs and a butt, after proper seasoning of the smoker of course.  If I can't be playing golf I might as well be doing some smoking.

What kind of extension cord should I use to run power from my outlet by the patio door about eight feet to where the smoker will be located on the patio?  Will a regular out door three prong cord work?

Thanks

T3Ps

HawkeyeSmokes

A regular outdoor cord will work. I would use a 14 ga and keep it as short as you can.

Good luck with that first smoke!
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

And try not to use what that plug is sharing power with while you are smoking.

Tommy3Putts

classicrockgriller

MPTubbs

If your going to do a butt and ribs in a snow bank, I would start the butt the night before so you can feast the next day.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Tommy3Putts

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 11, 2010, 06:36:12 PM
Tommy, what's your Golf handicap?

Well here is the long answer.  It depends on the time of year and the purpose.

Vanity HDCP = 10
Sandbagger HDCP = 14

Which translates to about a 12.  My short game is my real achilles heel.  I loose six stroke a round.