Got new 4 rack digital ( problem maybe )

Started by alnash, February 11, 2010, 06:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alnash

I got my new smoker fired it up set temp to 200 degrees and ran for a hour along with smoker, oven empty temp on oven digital panel read 38 degrees lower than my probe from meat thermometer. Is this the most accurate that the thermometer reads on the unit? Any way to adj. the readout?

RAF128

A couple of questions.   What did the probe from your meat thermometer read?   What was the temp out side your smoker?    38 seems low IMO.   Maybe a problem.   I had a problem with mine when I first brought it home.  A loose wire inside.

classicrockgriller

What type of unit did you probe it with? (brand)

Habanero Smoker

That is quite a discrepancy in temperatures for an empty cabinet. Have you checked the accuracy of your probe, or ensure the batteries are good?

Here is how you can test your probe for accuracy.

Testing for accuracy

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

alnash

Thanks for all the input.

#1. My meat thermometer probe read 200 degrees and my oven read 152 degrees.Outside Temp. 32 degrees

#2. I bought my meat thermometer at sears i don't know the brand ( I'm at work now) but it read the outside temp right and it read my temp right when i stuck it in my mouth.

#3. I will test it by the boiling water tonight.

#4. I did buy a maverick T73 that will be here Monday.

#5. Also i forgot i had my probe laying on  the middle rack will the rack read different than the air?

Habanero Smoker

That is even a larger gap, that is a 48°F difference. I don't have the digital, but that is a wide gap for an empty cabinet. If the probe checks out to be accurate, I would call Bradley. You could have a faulty sensor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

alnash

Ok check out my meat thermometer in boiling water it read 212 degrees perfect. I turn my oven back on and let it set for and hour at 210 degrees and than put my meat thermometer in and let it set for 10 min with the probe 1" away from sensor and it read 207 degrees look like all ok.

Put in a brisket this morning and going to put in some spare ribs this afternoon.

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.