U.S. NAVY'S BLUE ANGELS

Started by Wildcat, February 13, 2010, 05:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Thought you folks might enjoy this. The Blue Angels are home based in Pensacola, Fl (about 20 miles from me).

The United States Navy's
Blue Angels in HD   

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=W6tB8Lf7YoU
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

They'll be here in late September.  The last couple of times they've been in Hawaii, they made their practice runs directly over my house.  Good excuse to sit in the yard with a beer or three.  We usually watch the show three times - once from the house, once from a boat on Kaneohe Bay, and once from the stands by the runway.  Love that stuff (and I was a grunt).

TTNuge

Reminds me of my time in the MN Air National Guard.  I was part of the technical crew for a mobile Air Traffic unit so we'd set up our mobile tower and hook up communications at the beginning of an event, then have nothing to do until the end.  Any time the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds were at a show they would require Military Air Traffic control if possible so we'd do a bunch of air shows each summer.  After we were done setting up the tower, usually right out on the air field, we'd set up a little camo for some shade, pull out the lawn chairs and sit watching the show with the best seats in the house.  You could actually see the pilots faces as they flew by on low runs, often times they'd give us a salute as they went by.

One time we even got in good with the maintenance crew for the Blue Angels and I got to ride along in their C-130 when they did their short runway JATO take off.  We pulled like 3.5+ G's or more, they wouldn't give us an official number because they weren't supposed to go over 3g's(I think it was 3) when they had non-team members in the plane.  So we got the official "Yep, we did 3g's" with a wink and a nod.  We actually were lifted out of our seats, they told us ahead of time to keep our seat belts nice and loose, and then on the rotation over the top it was hard to lift your arms as it pushed you down in your seat.

Was one of my top military time highlights.

classicrockgriller

Family rental a Condo on Pensacola Beach for a couple of years on the 4th of July time that the BA perform there.

Was a fun time! Lots of people.

standles

Heh Wildcat..   

Didn't know you were so close to me (Niceville, FL).   Might have to hook up and do a smoke sometime.

Steven

classicrockgriller

I am going to pick up a new work trailer in Douglas, Ga in a week to 10 days

and gonna stay over in Pace with my lil sis.

NePaSmoKer

F-18 Hornets, Think super Hornets now. I worked on many of them.

Tiny Tim

And they still flew with all that jerky and snack stick bits in the engines?

Just kiddin', buddy. ;D

Wildcat

We will have to do that one day Steven. Perhaps sometime this summer. Right now I have MANY issues that I am dealing with and time is in high demand.

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 13, 2010, 10:01:45 AM

I'll send ya a pm with my phone number. If you have time, perhaps we can all make arrangements to eat out have a brew, or something while you are in town.

Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Wildcat on February 16, 2010, 06:22:11 AM
We will have to do that one day Steven. Perhaps sometime this summer. Right now I have MANY issues that I am dealing with and time is in high demand.

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 13, 2010, 10:01:45 AM

I'll send ya a pm with my phone number. If you have time, perhaps we can all make arrangements to eat out have a brew, or something while you are in town.

Rick

Got your PM and that would be kewl to do.

Looking forward to meeting you.