Hello! .....smoker not reaching temp.? HELP!

Started by Herd Bull, February 13, 2010, 07:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Did you check with the temp probe from your sister yet?  One thing I've been thinking while reading, could your "V-pan" have the vent openings blocked or not open enough to let the heat up from the lower area of the smoker?  Or possibly the vent on top of the smoker...is that open at all (should be at least 1/4 open, I leave mine full open)?

Herd Bull

i stuck the digital probe into the top of the tower throught the vent. set the temp on the display to 250f. the highest the probe read was 237f.....display still saying 26? turned the temp down to 200f....probe from my sister immediatly started to drop & continued to drop. so inside the generator it is getting the signal to + or - heat. but still showing only 26 on the digital display. i am going to throw in some chicken wrapped in bacon for 4hrs. turning the temp back up to 250f. will keep this poat up to date on my finds as they happen. HB.

Tiny Tim

Glad you're gonna get some smokin' in.  Not quite as easily as you had hoped, I'm sure, but they'll hook ya up with something on Monday.  Enjoy.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi HB

Give me a call on Monday @ 1-800-665-4188

I tried to reproduce your problem on my test board and I am not totally sure its your sensor
If you cant get ahold of me just ask the customer service girl to send you a new display as well as a new sensor

Brian

Herd Bull

i will try to give you a call on monday (even though it is a holiday, i dont know if that matters to you or not?). i turned the setting back up to 250f & immediatly the probe from my sister started to increase. put the chicken in @ 220 (on its way up to 250f) for 4 hrs. & smoke for 2hrs. will let u know how it turns out! HB.

Herd Bull

just to let you know the chicken i smoked yesterday turned out really good. watched the read out on my sisters probe & the highest it got was 235f but it turned out better than i expected. will call Brian on monday. thanks for everybodies input. i was about to go postal! HB.

klutch_r

I'm in the same scoop here,my Bradley is being running since 10:30am and only reaching 110F,it is 7:15pm and still the same thing. I went to wholesale sports,Can Tire,princess auto,Home Depot .....some BBQ shop around my area and nobody has ever heard of parts for Bradley they just look at me like I'm from another planet and tell me that they only sell the pucks and the smokers.......
Gonna go to Bradley in delta,BC here to see if they can sell me some parts for it because I'm pretty sure I destroyed my fish and my ribs already.
It's very frustrating that basic parts are not available in the shops where they are sold.
U guys should do something about it.......small amount of heating elements,switches face plates,heat control switches.
Not being rude but just looking from consumer point of view. Nobody wants to go looking for parts like a mad man if something brakes. Me personally I would pay the price when something brakes but I hate to order my stuff online all the time,it should be available in close distance .

Sent from my iPhone

manfromplaid

you do not say if its a new Bradley or just having problems with an older model.  lets assume its anew one. common problem easy to solve . unplug the cords at the back of the smoker and reseat them. new plugs are tight and you might need to wiggle them a bit so they seat well.also make sure that you are getting enough power. a 15 amp breaker is lots. try to use a plug that does not have a big draw on it. if using an extension cord, use as  short as possable and as heavy duty as you can 10 or 12 gauge. give this a try  look to see if the element is glowing red. place hand over (not on)smoke generator heat for 1/2 hour before adding pucks.  let us know if this helps

Habanero Smoker

As manfromplaid stated the model, age would be useful, but also a description of what you have done to tried to resolve the problem. For future reference, if you can not get the temperature up in the cabinet, transfer the food to your kitchen oven, grill or other cooking source. At least you will not lose the meat.

The below link may help you troubleshoot the problem.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)