Carolina Treet first experience.

Started by JF7FSU, January 18, 2010, 05:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JF7FSU

After hearing the senior board members tout this magical elixer, I finally broke down and had a friend in SC bring me down a few bottles.   I made 2 butts this weekend and used it for a dipping sauce.  Bearing in mind that I am brand new to smoking and to any vinegar based sauce, a few observations:  It is thicker than I thought and almost feels like the consistency of paint, although thinner than Dijon mustard andCYM.  It is unlike other yellow vinegar based sauces I have had, in that, it is bold and very vinegary with a touch of mustard.

Conclusion: I really liked CT, and find the more I explore the vinegar based sauces, I like them more than the traditional red sauces.  In fact, I have noticed that they (red sauce) are all tasting very sweet to me lately.   I would definitely pay for a few bottles to get shipped to me now that I have tried it and liked it.  I also know they don't sell anything similar here in South Florida.  

JF

"A sharp tongue is the only edge tool that grows keener with constant use."  
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

KyNola

CT has a website where you can order it online.

KyNola

JF7FSU

I'll check it out.  I think my next step will be to try to make a few sauces I see on the recipe site. 
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

squirtthecat

CT also has flour in it, so it is meant to be used as a 'cooking' sauce...
It is quite a bit milder after it has cooked down on the outside of a butt/brisket/pork loin/turkey.

I love the stuff, and I dump it on almost everything I put in my smoker(s)!

NePaSmoKer

The CT is good stuff. The NC CT is better than the SC CT.

Now try some scotts.

OU812

CT is some of the best vinegar based cooking sauce that I have tried, most of the others are to sweet fro me.

If you liked the CT cooking sauce try your pork sammie, cooked with CT on and in it, with some yellow sauce on the sammie. I got the yellow sauce recipe from 10.5, its on the recipe site now.

NePaSmoKer

I get it by the case when we go to NC. Have a trip in March to Ft Bragg to see one of the sons. CT CT CT

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

SnellySmokesEm

The CT was a hit in the pulled pork.  I'm dying to try that stuff on some grilled buffalo wings  :D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on February 16, 2010, 07:03:30 AM
The CT was a hit in the pulled pork.  I'm dying to try that stuff on some grilled buffalo wings  :D

That stuff is great on wings.

I did some hot-n-spicy wings this weekend usin CT, I made a post in the Poultry link, it aint much of a post but the flavor was huge.

Quarlow

I also have used it for wings and it was great. I really love this stuff to the point of hoarding the last of the bottle that NePaS traded to me. I can't bring myself to use the last of it on something unworthy of it's flavour. Now that I am back to work, once the money starts to roll in I will be getting a couple of big bottles.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.