recipe for deviled eggs

Started by Growler, April 14, 2005, 04:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growler

This may sound funny, but if you like deviled eggs, and want to give them a little zip, when your all done cooking you main meal in smoker, have your deviled eggs all made up, put tin foil on your racks, put your eggs on the foiled racks, add wood to your box, and smoke for about 30-45 minutes. Take them out and let them cool, and serve w/ your main meal. Or hell, make up a doz. or two, and bring them to a party for an appetizer, you'll be surprised how fast they disappear!! Growler

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Growler</i>
<br />This may sound funny, but if you like deviled eggs, and want to give them a little zip, when your all done cooking you main meal in smoker, have your deviled eggs all made up, put tin foil on your racks, put your eggs on the foiled racks, add wood to your box, and smoke for about 30-45 minutes. Take them out and let them cool, and serve w/ your main meal. Or hell, make up a doz. or two, and bring them to a party for an appetizer, you'll be surprised how fast they disappear!! Growler
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I smoke 3 out of a dozen and chop them up with the yellows and other fixins'.  Fill the egg halves and enjoy[:p][:p].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

These things are one of my favorites.  Someone told me when I first stared doing them is to eat them with a non smoked main course or nothing else smoked.  He said I would enjoy them much better.  He was right.  One of the few things that need to stand by themself.  Whip some of those on your next pot luck, I would put a small sign with them to tell them what they are, the funky color could give the wrong idea.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...