Calling All Mop Recipes

Started by Pachanga, February 15, 2010, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

Quote from: Pachanga on February 18, 2010, 08:42:42 AMGood luck and sloppy mopping,

Did you mean to say that here or in the "Hooters Dream Girl" thread?

Pachanga

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 18, 2010, 08:52:15 AM
Quote from: Pachanga on February 18, 2010, 08:42:42 AMGood luck and sloppy mopping,

Did you mean to say that here or in the "Hooters Dream Girl" thread?

Ka Honu,

You caught me on that one.  I misposted but it is logical because something about Q'ing trips my trigger.  I get this site and the Hooter's site confused in my mind sometimes.  Sometimes it works itself out like my posts titled "I Prefer to Smoke Totally Naked" or "Mustard Slathers."

I can see that you are familiar with the Hooter's site also.  I knew you were posting there when I saw the blue writing.

Good luck and I'm confused,

Pachanga

BlackBark

Mop Sauce: Mix until salt and sugar is disolved. I start mopping at the beginning of the 3rd hour and then every hour after.

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup Guiness Draught beer
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion juice

The mop recipe above is an awesome compliment to the rub below:

3 Tbsps Mexene chili powder
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 tsps black pepper
1 1/2 tsps dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tsps garlic salt
1 1/2 tsps onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper

OldHickory

Great idea Pechanga, your post is great (as usual ) and I am enjoying the read from the many members of the Forum.  A true example of the diversity and talent in this group.  Thanks for getting this started.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

TestRocket

Bookmarked for further reference because it's time to light the grill! Thanks!

mybad

jiggerjams

All though very simple I use the following especially on chicken , seafood, and bread.

1/4 C  butter
1/4 C  hot sauce
2 TBSP FRESH lemon juice

Melt the butter over medium low heat. Add and stir in the hot sauce. Add and stir in the lemon juice. The mop sauce is best if the sauce does not get too hot. It will break (separate) if it does.