Can Golf and a Bradley Smoker Co-exist?

Started by Tommy3Putts, February 07, 2010, 12:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy3Putts

Thx Quarlow

The pic looks like Smokers heaven.  I could try to convince the new bride that this is what I need.  Great summary of the wood.

T3Ps

Gizmo

Quote from: Tommy3Putts on February 07, 2010, 01:11:08 PM
As my first input to this place for those go getters out there.  Here is my idea.  How about an iPhone App for the Bradley or a PID?  In otherwords, it could monitor your temperature over the 3GS and/or send you a text when your temperature is reached or if there is an issue?  It's BRILLIANT!  Alas I'm not technically inclined.  I'd rather drink and play golf.  So I leave it to one of you to come up with it.  Just give me a cut on the royalties  ;D

Let Tommy have the royalties on the app sales, even at 99 cents a piece that is a good chunk of change but please let me know before the product hits the market, I want to buy stock in the 3GS network time you folks will be racking up.  Now there will be some cash.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Old_Sarge

Tommy,

I'm in the military too, and the Bradley works nicely with my schedule and doesn't limit me to smoking on the weekends only. Today's a perfect example; I just put an 11-lb butt on the smoker with enough pucks for a 5-hour smoke. I'll change the water pan before I go to sleep, check water and temp before PT tomorrow morning, and it should be done and ready for foil-towel-cooler when I come home at noon for lunch. Then it'll be ready to pull and chop at 1630 and it's sandwiches for dinner! I'm about to make some slaw for the sandwiches so it's flavored through nicely by dinner time tomorrow.

You shouldn't have an issue setting it up, hitting the links, and then pulling the finished meat from the pit whenever you're done hanging out at the 19th hole. Might be too long for chicken or ribs, but you'll be able to to larger cuts of meat w/ no problem.

Tommy3Putts

Thanks Sarge!

Got the 6DBS and did my first round of smoke this weekend.  It turned out great.  I think that the Bradley will work great with my golf schedule. Really happy with the product.

T3Ps

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Tommy3Putts on February 23, 2010, 05:53:19 PM
Thanks Sarge!

Got the 6DBS and did my first round of smoke this weekend.  It turned out great.  I think that the Bradley will work great with my golf schedule. Really happy with the product.

T3Ps

OK then now you have to clue us in as to what SWMBO did for her first cook in the Bradley since you already admitted she does the cooking!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Old_Sarge

Follow-up...when I got up for PT this morning, that butt was at 196* and ready for pulling - over five hours ahead of schedule! I FTC'd it and when I got to work, I told everyone in my section not to make lunch plans because I was buying. Went home at lunch break a little early, pulled & chopped the butt and took most of it in to the section with buns, slaw & condiments, where everyone fell on it like a pack of jackals.

I think it may have been the injection that cut so many hours off the cooking time. Regardless, it may have been my best butt yet.

Just goes to show that the best laid plans of Mice and Men...

Tommy3Putts

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 23, 2010, 07:48:09 PM
Thanks Sarge!

T3Ps

OK then now you have to clue us in as to what SWMBO did for her first cook in the Bradley since you already admitted she does the cooking!!!

Well as Sarge can attest we in the military refer to SWMBO as "CINCHOUSE" or "COMHOUSE."  In any event I've got CINCHOUSE interested in the smoker's capabilities, especially the potential for smoked salmon, but I don't know if I let her use it too much, she might want to clean it. :D

Old_Sarge

Quote from: Tommy3Putts on February 24, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Thanks Sarge!

T3Ps

Well as Sarge can attest we in the military refer to SWMBO as "CINCHOUSE" or "COMHOUSE."  In any event I've got CINCHOUSE interested in the smoker's capabilities, especially the potential for smoked salmon, but I don't know if I let her use it too much, she might want to clean it. :D

My better half's callsign is "House 6", Following the army's convention for commander's callsigns. Fortunately, House 6 considers the smoker to be an arcane holy mystery and won't go near it except to lay small gifts of flowers & herbs on the bench to propitiate the BBQ Spirits.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Old_Sarge on February 24, 2010, 04:42:32 PM
I think it may have been the injection that cut so many hours off the cooking time. Regardless, it may have been my best butt yet.

Sarge, what did you inject your butt with? (yes, I know this sounds bad - apologies in advance)

Tommy3Putts

Quote from: Old_Sarge on February 24, 2010, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: Tommy3Putts on February 24, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Thanks Sarge!

T3Ps

My better half's callsign is "House 6", Following the army's convention for commander's callsigns. Fortunately, House 6 considers the smoker to be an arcane holy mystery and won't go near it except to lay small gifts of flowers & herbs on the bench to propitiate the BBQ Spirits.

Hooahhh!   ;D

Old_Sarge

Quote from: squirtthecat on February 24, 2010, 06:18:06 PM
Quote from: Old_Sarge on February 24, 2010, 04:42:32 PM

Sarge, what did you inject your butt with? (yes, I know this sounds bad - apologies in advance)

About a cup and a half of apple cider w/ 3 TBSP Wooster-shire and a few dashes of Texas Pete hot sauce, all whisked together.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Old_Sarge on February 25, 2010, 06:57:40 AM
About a cup and a half of apple cider w/ 3 TBSP Wooster-shire and a few dashes of Texas Pete hot sauce, all whisked together.

Thanks!