Bookmarks 4 Bookmarks

Author Topic: New to Bradley but an “old smoker” lol.  (Read 58 times)

Online Alusardi

New to Bradley but an “old smoker” lol.
« on: November 12, 2019, 09:16:21 am »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is A#### but every one calls me Lou. I just purchased a Bradley original 4 rack-30” and I am loving it ! My previous experience (5 years) of smoking was with a propane masterbu***.  Altho I had occasional successes the OH WOW factor was never really there . I know I know it’s Not me it’s you...so after timeless research and hours of indecision I accidentally stumbled across a YouTub*   Video of someone making sweet smoke love with a digital Bradley . In my research I was considering a digital electric smoker to include the Cuisina** as a front runner. The only thing that held me back from pulling the proverbial “buy it now “ trigger ( insert fart noise here) was the ongoing issues of the digital controllers.  My life is without drama or confrontation so I decided to go with the Bradley original with the analog controls. I have had it now going on a week and after the painstakingly long seasoning process (4 hours OMG) my first smoke was a clutch of Armadillo eggs . I found a nest near to my house here in S FL and as anyone knows the 7 banded variety puts up a hellacious kerfuffle when you raid the nest. Having patched my wounds and taking the time to properly season and wrap the eggs in bacon two hours later I had a feast that rivaled a Caligula banquet. I invited some neighbors over to try the delicacy and they were
apprehensive but intrigued that a “varmit” could yield such a  tasty treat that they threw me up on their shoulders and paraded me about the retirement community!  So I guess that in making a long story a trilogy I am currently cold smoking some cheese ( with salami slices ) and my neighbors can’t get their head wrapped around the aging process. If I in fact survive the next two weeks I will need some tips and tricks that the forum members use to make some delicious yet unique recipes.
Thank for inviting me and if you ever find yourself in ****beach FL please look me up !

With most smoking luv,
Lou
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:25:03 am by Alusardi »
If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

Offline Edward176

Re: New to Bradley but an “old smoker” lol.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:06:12 pm »
Nice story, glad to hear it worked out for you. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy.