A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Welcome to the Bradley Smoker Forum! You have entered what is probably the best thing about a Bradley Smoker, The Forum. Here you will find people who will bend over backwards, and trip over each other trying their best to make your smoking experience the best that it can be. You will find some of the best tried and true recipes for use in your Bradley Smoker and others. If you have questions PLEASE ask them. If you feel stupid about asking the question. Just think how stupid we feel about admitting that "yeah I did that". At one time each and every member on this forum was in your shoes. We were "The newbie". So come on in and read awhile and ask questions, tell us about yourself. We really are a friendly bunch, even though it can be more like a dysfunctional family at times. We do have fun. I leave you with this quote that sums up the mentality of the members of this Forum.

"Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by accidents of time, or place, or circumstance, are brought into closer connection to you"
--Saint Augustine

Keep the Smoke Rolling!!
Tenpoint5
(Still a Newbie learning something new every day!)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

I know I haven't been around for a while 10.5...but to the new members...HIS POST is a must read!!! We have all done the most idiotic things and learned from the other forum members!!! The beauty of cooking anything...if it comes out not what you expected...DO IT AGAIN!!!

Start slow and work your way up...just like anything else...the smoking "brass ring" is out there...GO FIND IT!!!  ;D ;D

jerryc

I am a newbie to the Bradley system i bought a six rack digital smoker I loaded it up with chicken and ribs . tried to follow the directions from the cook book but nothing was done as it should have been. Then i recently put 10 lbs of chicken leg quarters in it for 8 hours with 4 hours of smoke again it was not done. What am i doing wrong even when i do it with the temp on high i get the same results . Somebody must know what i am doing wrong.

Gizmo

jerryc,
I don't want to hi-jack this thread so I will send you a Personal Message with some questions and possible tips.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Thats a nice welcome Chris, We should add links to the FAQ's and recipe site then make this a sticky.
Hi LQ, hope your doing well.
I think I'm the one who has NOT "done the most idiotic things."  ::) ::)
Everything I do is idiotic.  ;D ;D ;D

NePaSmoKer

Ya mean i'm goin to learn somthin.............................

jiggerjams

Hi my name is James and I am a smoke aholic. I am a newbie and I am very happy to be here.  Of late, I have spent the majority of my free time reading unbelievable smoking forums right here. Nothing like finding the ultimate fix to support an addiction! 

At this time I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to these forums, for if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be going to bed less stupider tonight.

Keeping it stoked,
JJ

smokinmac

Bought OBS Fri. before Memorial Day and smoked ribs and cornish hens over the weekend. I read up a lot before buying and in this short time I absolutely love this smoker. I think it would make a tennis shoe taste good.

classicrockgriller

smokinmac, welcome to the Forum.

Need to start you a post and intro yourself so everyone can say Howdy!

tprothro

Just got a digital 4 shelf Bradley.  Been looking forward to it for a while.  Have done chicken (wonderful) and brisket (way underdone) thus far.  I am a CPA from East Texas and intend enjoy this new hobby. Cheers

classicrockgriller

tprothro, welcome to the Forum.

Need to start you a post and intro yourself so everyone can say Howdy!

PS, I am an East Texan also.

Smokin Soon

Quote"Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special attention to those who, by accidents of time, or place, or circumstance, are brought into closer connection to you" --Saint Augustine

10.5, now that is friggen brilliant! Says it all...

klaw77

I'm thinking about buying a Bradley 4 shelf digital smoker and wanted some advice as to how easy it is to say smoke ribs chicken etc. Do you just put it on and leave it?? and then do you normally then put it on the BBQ to finish

any help is appreciated
Just waiting to pop the "smoking Cherry"
Klaw from Canada

KevinG

Quote from: klaw77 on June 28, 2010, 11:04:16 AM
I'm thinking about buying a Bradley 4 shelf digital smoker and wanted some advice as to how easy it is to say smoke ribs chicken etc. Do you just put it on and leave it?? and then do you normally then put it on the BBQ to finish

any help is appreciated
Just waiting to pop the "smoking Cherry"
Klaw from Canada

Welcome to the forum klaw77, start up a new topic in the general or new topic section and we'll get you smoking in no time.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Mailman

just got my 4 rack digital smoker. Have smoked a lot of food the old way with charcoal and hickory chunks and beer. Have to sit there all day monitoring it. I was usually drunk by time food was done. made some good stuff just want easier and more control so here I am.
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.