A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Mailman on June 28, 2010, 12:57:29 PM
just got my 4 rack digital smoker. Have smoked a lot of food the old way with charcoal and hickory chunks and beer. Have to sit there all day monitoring it. I was usually drunk by time food was done. made some good stuff just want easier and more control so here I am.

That's why I got a Bradley so that smoking some good food wouldn't get in the way of my drinking.

Welcome aboard. Think you'll fit right in.

CanaSmoke

Well, I'm in hour five my very first smoking adventure with my Father's Day gift (God bless my wife's BBQ'd face), a 4 rack Bradley Original. I keep reading about hitting the "plateau" and am worried that we might be eating at 9:00pm instead of 6:00!!! I'm on hour 5 of a 5lb pork butt (Shoulder?) at 210 deg F and have an internal roast temp. of 155. How long should this roast really take? Can I speed it up? and can you freeze leftovers (Like there will be any)

Thanx for any insight!
Smoke em' if ya got em'!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum CanaSmoke!

I hate to tell you this, but you aren't even halfway done.

That pork shoulder will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

kelpiedg

Hello all,  I am from Douglas WY just  seasoned my new Digital Smoker today.  Will be trying it out tomorrow.  This forum and it's members helped me decide which type of electric smoker I would buy.  I have been using my Weber Kettle with a smokenator for the last 12 months, love it just got tired of tending the fire during long smokes.  Thanks for all you help.

DTAggie

Caneyscud

Welcome Kelpie.  Glad you turned darkside and joined us in our fun.   Your DBS will serve you well in the years to come.  You have journeyed on the road to Smoking Nirvana for a while now, but now you have the DBS its downhill the rest of the way.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

jatoba

Hi ..........another newbie!!  Got my digital 4 rack smoker a few days ago and did my first smoking yesterday.  About 7 lbs. of chuck short ribs.  Prepared a wet rub sat in the fridge overnight.   Used about three hours of hickory smoke and another five hours of cooking at 210 degrees.  They were absolutely delicious.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum jatoba!

Quote from: jatoba on July 02, 2010, 08:29:13 AM
Hi ..........another newbie!!  Got my digital 4 rack smoker a few days ago and did my first smoking yesterday.  About 7 lbs. of chuck short ribs.  Prepared a wet rub sat in the fridge overnight.   Used about three hours of hickory smoke and another five hours of cooking at 210 degrees.  They were absolutely delicious.

Sounds like you hit the ground running.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Imbigrod1

Hello to all, rod here new to the Bradley community...to be honest, smoked 2 yard birds
prior to finding this site...just ok...referenced YouTube videos...I'll be reading posts to learn as much as I can...

classicrockgriller

stevergs

good morning, bought a garage sale propane smoker last summer. had some luck but pretty used up, but loved the experience. had a new bradley for about a month. good luck with it but would like to get more heat out of it. wisconsin smoker

wonko the sane

How do I go about introducing myself? I just wrote a bunch of stuff, and when I tried to post it, the whole thing was deleted !
Impermanent are all things created.....Strive on in Awareness

classicrockgriller

I hate when that happens. this post worked. try it again and Welcome.

wonko the sane

Alrighty then ! I am 58 years old, living on Long Island. The only experience I ever had with "Smoking" had nothing to do with food. I once tasted smoked Mako Shark. It was good, but I thought that you had to buy it, from some exotic island in the Pacific. I was what you'd call "A Kamikazee Barbequer". Eating anything I cooked was suicide. If anyone asked me what I was making, I could only tell them what it started out as. When it was finished, it was no longer recognizable. I even managed to burn the coleslaw. The other day, I happened to see a program called; "The Best BBQ Restaurants in America". I was astounded. These places didn't use charcoal and lighter fluid!( I love the smell of Napalm in the morning)! These guys were craftsmen, who cooked their offerings at very low temperatures, for many hours. They used different flavored woods to infuse their foods with exquisite aroma's, and tastes. I researched all the smoker's available, and quickly realized that the Bradley original would be the best one for me. I mean, it does everything except eat the food for you. I want to order one right now, but I'm not sure whether or not the unit would work properly in the fall, or winter on Long Island. I have a garage, so ventilation is no problem. My question is: Will it function efficiently in 30 or 40 degree temperatures? Should I wait till the Spring? I really don't want to screw this up, so any help you can offer would be most appreciated. This is going to be a most excellent adventure. I thank you for being there !
Impermanent are all things created.....Strive on in Awareness