A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Hi Wanko;

I'm about 120 miles north of you and your location has milder temperatures then I get.  I use my Original Bradley Smoker (OBS) outdoors throughout the winter. Though the winters have been mild over the past few years, I have smoke foods in the low 20°F using one element (I now have and additional element to assist with getting the smoker up to my set temperature). There are members in Alaska and Northern parts of Canada that use their Bradley's in the winter, though some use some type of shelter. It takes longer to get up to your set temperature, but once you are there the smoker will hold it's temperature; just avoid opening the door too often.

Since you have a garage with ventilation, you can use your smoker in that and you won't have problems with wind.

If you haven't done so yet; check out the following links:
Recipes

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

wonko the sane,

30 to 40 degrees in a garage which keeps it out of the wind should be no problem. Some memmbers do smoke in the garage but the have built a vent system to divert the smoke outside. I am sure that people will post links to their venting system.

Brad

NePaSmoKer

North East PA here.

My Bradley's are in the garage without vents, i smoke all year with the door open cuz i want everything to get the smokey goodness  ;D

KyNola

Would suggest you start a new thread in the "meat" or "hot smoking" sections to address your questions regarding a specific smoking question.

shane m

Hi everybody. I am a newbe from central alberta Canada. My wife just bought me a 4 rack digital smoker for christmas and I am stockrd to fire it up. Good to meet you all.
Shane

nachosmoke

thanks for the welcome! I'm new to the somking world, i just got a new bradley smoker "the original" for x-mas. I'm have some problems with it getting to temp. We had family over and I thought I could smoke some chicken,but could not get the temp up it only got to 165 .Yesterday I seasoned it and had a hard time getting it to 150 the manual said it would get to 150 in ten min. but it took 45. Today i had to take the chicken out and finsh it in the oven my manhood is hurting bad please help

Keymaster

Quote from: nachosmoke on December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
thanks for the welcome! I'm new to the somking world, i just got a new bradley smoker "the original" for x-mas. I'm have some problems with it getting to temp. We had family over and I thought I could smoke some chicken,but could not get the temp up it only got to 165 .Yesterday I seasoned it and had a hard time getting it to 150 the manual said it would get to 150 in ten min. but it took 45. Today i had to take the chicken out and finsh it in the oven my manhood is hurting bad please help
If you use a very long extension cord or plug your unit into a outlet that is also used by several things on the same circuit it can cause your smoker to have slow heats. It is best to plug it directly into a outlet that is not used by anything else. Maybe this will help  :)

nachosmoke

thanks i had it plug in yesterday straight to the plug on its own and had a hard time get to 150 but today i had to put it on a cord just in side my garage it was snowing pretty good and windy i had the door down about half way and still couldn't get it above 165 anymore good tips i need all i can get

nachosmoke

I guess I should have introduce myself better before i started asking for help I'm form alabama. This my first smoker. I've only helped someone smoke once before on a homemade smoker and fell in love with it along with the help of the t.v. show barbe-que pitmasters. Now i have this nice smoker thanks to my loving wife and family really have no clue about how to use this smoker ot its fullest looking foward to leaning how and making some great meals

GusRobin

Where in Alabama? TestRocket (Morgan), TMB (Tommie) and I (Gus) are from the Huntsville area.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

GusRobin

Nacho - what position is your top vent? Open, closed, part open?

20 minutes north? Where?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

nachosmoke

hazel green area my vent was closed at first but after some reading i opened it about alittle less than half

cmadsen

Hi all!
After painstaking research, I bought the OBS last night at Cabelas.  It's seasoned and ready to go.  Since we are looking at a major blizzard here in SD over new years, I have planned a few "first" smokes.  I'm planning to make the Stuffed Pork Loin Roast and Smoke without Fire Buffalo wings located under the Mesquite recipes on the bradley website.  The rest of the weekend will be spent scouring this forum for the secrets of mastering this smoker!

Off I go to prepare that pork loin for tomorrow!

GusRobin

Quote from: cmadsen on December 30, 2010, 05:35:03 PM
  The rest of the weekend will be spent scouring this forum for the secrets of mastering this smoker!
Leave your vent open