A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nachosmoke

thanks for the help i'm starting to get alittle better with it i guess its going to take some time.I'm going to smoke a pork tender loin today and wanted to smoke a deer shoulder but they are alittle smaller should i do them at the same time and take the deer out before the pork  or do them seperate smoke the pork then when its done smoke the deer ??? ???

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Keymaster on December 26, 2010, 02:13:52 PM
Quote from: nachosmoke on December 26, 2010, 01:54:40 PM
thanks for the welcome! I'm new to the somking world, i just got a new bradley smoker "the original" for x-mas. I'm have some problems with it getting to temp. We had family over and I thought I could smoke some chicken,but could not get the temp up it only got to 165 .Yesterday I seasoned it and had a hard time getting it to 150 the manual said it would get to 150 in ten min. but it took 45. Today i had to take the chicken out and finsh it in the oven my manhood is hurting bad please help
If you use a very long extension cord or plug your unit into a outlet that is also used by several things on the same circuit it can cause your smoker to have slow heats. It is best to plug it directly into a outlet that is not used by anything else. Maybe this will help  :)

Open your door and look inside to see if your element is glowing red after 10-15 minutes. If it is not I would suggest contacting Bradley customer Service. There was a bad batch of elements at the Factory. They will get you a replacement element out if it isn't glowing red.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

nachosmoke

thanks for the response i think i got that problem worked out but now i'm thinking that my thermometer is not accurate meat sem's to be cooking faster then it should according to the temp on the door or its just that i'm a rookie i truely thank every body for all there help

SmoknGenius

Awesome Tenpoint5!
I look forward to being a part of the forum experience ;D
Which should I put on the camper? satellite TV vs cable | MLB Extra Innings

nachosmoke

new to bs and the net got bs for x-mas have had a good time playing and eating what I've smoked on it but I'm looking to find out about how long i should smoke and cook a whole chicken about 6lbs

max1961

I'm trying to figure out how to post a question.  Do I have to reply to something to get it posted?  Anyway, I can't decide whether to get the 6 rack or the 4 rack smoker.  Does the 6 rack smoke as well as the 4 rack?  Will I really need the extra room the 6 rack will provide?  Thanks to anyone who can give me some tips.

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the Forum max1961!

Pick from the different topic group that is closes to

your question. Like a question about "Beef", choose

like "Hot Smoking". Look in right hand side and slect

"start a new topic". Then title it and post your question.

I have both the 4 and the 6. They both do a great job.

If you plan on doing a BUNCH at one time OR plan on

smoking sausage, then go with the 6. If not, thn the 4

will be plenty of room. Good luck and let us know what

you decided.

NewBradleySmoker

Hi all,
I'm new to Bradley Smokers but saw the rave reviews and got one.  Previously, I used the "Smokenator" in a Weber with good results but the Bradley eliminates the need to babysit the entire time.  Used to be a "griller" but have come over to the dark side of smoking.  I like the Bradley because it can smoke consistently cool enough for fish!

Madox187

Hello, i just bought a 4 rack digital smoker, i'm from London Ontario Canada and i love this forum...everyone seems so helpful. i look forward to hearing some feedback when i have questions and need help!!

sherminator

I have recently been given a smoker,not a bradly but still a good one, or so I'v beren told.I have worked in many restaurant's in my life and am quite adapted to all sort of preperation aqnd cookin ,but never have used a smoker.I need resipies that I can try out on my family.The smoker is an electric without a temp guage.thaqnk you for youer patience,the Sherminator.

Mr Walleye

Hi Sherminator and welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the recipe site. It's loaded with tons of tried and true recipes from all the fine folks around the forum.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

jared814

newbie from lexington,ky and just waiting arrival of my bradley fro next week.

skipferguson

I JUST purchased a 4 rack digital smoker a couple of hrs. ago and am looking forward to life long smoking experience.  Thank gawd this forum exists so that I can spend hrs. on the computer educating myself from all of your experiences.  I am 60 yrs. old and retired 2 yrs.  I hunt, fish, garden an acre garden, am married with grandchildren and live in Upstate N.Y.  I have no idea why my wife stays with me ;-) and hope she continues to do so even if it's just for my smoking.  Please continue to post hints and challenges so that new folks like me might learn.  As my Dad said during WWII, "Tanks!".

heisershouse

hi guys and gals my name is steve i live in big bear cal at 7200 ft and just bought a obs smoker i have been following the forum for about three years and find it very interesting to say the least my screen name is heisershouse as you can see. i do a lot of fishing up here largemouth,smallmouth bass and trout the large and smallmouth go back in the lake the trout go in the smoker.hope to get some good ideas about smoking.

THANKS STEVE

ccfdmike

Hey, All!
I just ordered a OBL and am anxiously waiting for the delivery.  I am really thrilled about all of the people posting on this site.  Since I am brand new to the, "smoking world", I am sure that there will be a learning curve to overcome.  I am very interested in any recipe you all might like to share for turkey legs.  My wife has put in her request and I will try my best to honor it.  Happy wife, happy life!