A quick note to the New Members and Visitor's

Started by Tenpoint5, February 22, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

try   unplug the cords and reseat them  wiggle around to make sure they are in tight.  common problem  there is also a troubleshoot post on here  do a search and check.

KyNola

Randy, the E1 code means the thin sensor code that goes from the smoke generator to the tower is not making good contact.  Try reversing the cord and plug it in firmly.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: randyhcraig on April 26, 2015, 01:20:53 PM
Hi new to this forum. Need some help. I have a Bradley digital smokes. When I power it up I get a error 1 code. Can any one tell me what this means.

Hi;

Welcome to the forum.

The following link may be useful to you for future trouble shooting. It also provides a lot of tips.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Buckhunter41

Just ordered my Bradley digital smoker. Started processing my own game meat last year due to processing fees. Can't wait to make smoked deer sausage next week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

hawleybuzz

Hiya all,
I`m a "newby" based in Kent County UK (Garden of  England)
Have been cold smoking for a few years now ,Mainly Fish, ie Trout.Which is carried out in open air on cool nights.
Just now I`m about to try Hot Smoking a bone-in Boston Butt. Any help or advice will be very welcome. As us "Limey`s" know nothing about this style of cooking.
I have on order a butt of 3/3.5 kgs ( maybe 6/7 lbs)
In reading dozens of the posts on this site it seems as though air temperature has some effect on cooking time!
And as we are just heading for Winter Time here in uk I am wondering about where to smoke. indoors ie ,Shed or maybe Glass house. In my shed this would be unbearable with the output of smoke,but in a glass house this can be cotrolled by the opening of windows & doors also the ambient temp would be somewhat milder.
How am I doing my friends. going to leave it there to see what reaction I get. Be nice, thas all I ask.

Wildcat

Do it outdoors. Just try to shield it from the wind. Bston butt is probably the easiest and most forgiving thing to smoke. Trim most of the fat off. Let it sit at room temp for an hour or two. Rub with olive oil or mustard, then apply spice rub. I personally like Iceman's Oinker rub on butts the best. Smoke for 4 hours (I like apple) at a cabinet temp of 200 to 230 F. I prefer 205. Then you can either continue to cook at same temp in smoker without smoke or transfer to house oven until meat passes the fork test. Depending on how hot the cooking temp is, the internal meat temp will be somewhere between 175 and 190 F when done. It will probably take between 12 and 18 hours. When done loosley tent with foil and let it rest until cool enough to handle. If it is not time to eat you can FTC for 3 to 5 hours with ease. This is for pulled pork. A little different for sliced.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Chappy

Hi everybody, greetings from the UK.  Just taken delivery of my OBS 4 rack digital smoker. Spending a bit of time reading up before I start smoking. Hope to season the unit tonight and get cooking at the weekend 😄
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?

Locky78

Gday,
My name Locky. I live in New Zealand and have recently bought a digital 6 rack smoker. I used to have a Hark chest smoker but only used that for smoking fish and cheese. I can't wait to be smoking ribs chicken beef etc etc. I'd love some receipes from you guys. I'm yet to look through the forum, thought I'd introduce myself first.

Gafala

Quote from: Locky78 on May 22, 2016, 07:03:42 PM
Gday,
My name Locky. I live in New Zealand and have recently bought a digital 6 rack smoker. I used to have a Hark chest smoker but only used that for smoking fish and cheese. I can't wait to be smoking ribs chicken beef etc etc. I'd love some recipes from you guys. I'm yet to look through he forum, thought I'd introduce myself first.

Here is a link to our recipes.

http://www.susanminor.org/
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Drfallon

Hi there, newbie with a 6 rack digital Bradley Smoker bought yesterday.  Haven't had my first cook but recommended to check this out.  Located in Canberra Australia in the middle of winter. Looking forward to my smoking experiences.

TedEbear

Quote from: Gafala on May 22, 2016, 07:53:54 PM

Have you clicked on that lately? The website is no longer up.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: TedEbear on July 23, 2017, 05:57:36 AM
Quote from: Gafala on May 22, 2016, 07:53:54 PM

Have you clicked on that lately? The website is no longer up.

I didn't catch it at first, but Gafala's post is over 14 months old.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Jim Allman

Hello everyone
I have been using a Bradley smoker for a number of years. I mostly cold smoke sockeye salmon. To get a good cold smoke, I have the Bradley hooked up to a refrigerator, which I turn on low when I am smoking. The smoke never gets hotter than about 70°F. It makes a very fine product.
last year, the puck advance mechanism quit working. Turned out that it was simply worn out. So I bought a new one. Now, it only waits about half the time that it should before advancing the next puck, so I end up with half burnt pucks lying on the floor. Although it makes for lots of smoke from the three or four pucks still burning on the floor, it seems like a terrible waste. I have seen the problem with continuous feeding. That's the problem that I used to have. Now it seems to work fine, it's just that it forwards the pucks before they are finished burning. I read one post where they put a bowl of water under the pucks. This is probably to reduce the temperature, but that's not my problem. I just don't want to waste the pucks. Anybody got any ideas?

Piker

I have never had my puck advance apart but I would think you should be able to set the timer for what you want unless it is out of order. I never got an instruction book either. I would have a look at it anyway. Piker