1st smoke a success!Thanks for the help.

Started by rmdodson, February 22, 2010, 03:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPTubbs

Mighty good look'n vittles there Rhonda!

Very good look'n drummies!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Caneyscud

Haven't had chicken in a while!  Guess what is going in the smoker this weekend.  Thanks for whetting my appetite Rhonda.  That chicken looks great and tasty!  Congrats on a job well done.  But remember hooking addicting the hubby is just as important as hooking addicting yourself!

EDIT - you know that didn't sound right - so I fixed it!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KevinG

Well done, that's the way it should work. Good for you!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

rmdodson

Quote from: Caneyscud on February 23, 2010, 10:42:49 AM
But remember hooking addicting the hubby is just as important as hooking addicting yourself! EDIT - you know that didn't sound right - so I fixed it!

Caney... ;) hubby isn't a chicken fan unless it's deep fried which I absolutely refuse to do! He thinks it's too messy otherwise. Me, the messier the bbq the better ;D I may try to do some pulled pork for him next weekend  ???

OU812

You mean to tell me the hubby didnt eat any of those thighs or legs?

I say you do some pulled pork for you and if he dont like it he goes hungry.  ;D

mow_delon

Boy, Hubby don't know what he's missing from the looks of those pics! 

Congrats on a wonderful looking (and I assume wonderful tasting) first smoke!!!

Paddlinpaul

I'd be happy if my Mrs would cook, with or without a smoker. I do about 99% of it. At least that way I know its good.
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

ArnieM

Good lookin' chicken Rhonda and congrats on your first smoke.  It looks like you might have just a bit of prior experience cooking  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

rmdodson

Arnie, Yes I do have cooking experience...I started cooking @ age 7 (spaghetti w/ meat sauce)...& now I got me 38 years of experience! About the only thing I won't do in the kitchen is candy w/ the exception of fudge...a girl's gotta have chocolate  ;)

rmdodson

OU, oh hubby will eat gooey bbq, if I remove it from the bone for him. IF I make enough for him (which I don't always), then I do. It also depends on how good of a boy he's been.  ;) I did cut the meat off the bone on a couple of pieces for him & he loved it. I loved it so much that I ain't doin' that again! He's just not much on "finger" food. He even uses a fork on Pizza & french fries :o I know...that's just SSSSOOOO wrong.

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: rmdodson on February 24, 2010, 06:13:18 AM
OU, oh hubby will eat gooey bbq, if I remove it from the bone for him. IF I make enough for him (which I don't always), then I do. It also depends on how good of a boy he's been.  ;) I did cut the meat off the bone on a couple of pieces for him & he loved it. I loved it so much that I ain't doin' that again! He's just not much on "finger" food. He even uses a fork on Pizza & french fries :o I know...that's just SSSSOOOO wrong.

Do you cut the crusts off his toast in the morning to?  :D

OU812

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on February 24, 2010, 06:14:56 AM

Paddinpaul beat me to it.  ;D

Sounds like your hubby has hooked him self a good woman, I'm lucky if my wife even cooks.

Paddlinpaul

Quote from: OU812 on February 24, 2010, 06:33:29 AM

Sounds like your hubby has hooked him self a good woman, I'm lucky if my wife even cooks.

I sure hopes he appreciates you, Rhonda.

Sounds like our wives are cut from the same cloth, OU.

OU812

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on February 24, 2010, 06:39:31 AM
Quote from: OU812 on February 24, 2010, 06:33:29 AM

I sure hopes he appreciates you, Rhonda.

Sounds like our wives are cut from the same cloth, OU.

I made my wife some killer spaghetti type thing last night and I dont even like spaghetti, she had all the stuff on the counter when I got home. She worked late and I was board.  ::) I had left overs, mmmmm smoked turkey.