Removing the Taste.

Started by Captainslug, February 23, 2010, 09:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captainslug

After smoking fish, will there be any "transfer" of taste from fish being smoked to smoking the next item I smoke (eg jerky).  If so, how can this be stopped from happening?  I assume it would be from a thoroughly cleaning the smoker but is there another way?

Thanks in advance to all who post.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Gizmo

I have Not had a problem with flavor mixing.  Clean the Vtray, racks and the water bowl and you should be good to go.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Waltz

I had this thought as well before I smoked some fish (sardines and mackrel) but provided the racks are cleaned afterwards (and maybe even if they aren't!) the smoke kills any residual fish smell.

Captainslug

Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Quarlow

the guys are right. you won't get any flavour from fish. I never have and i do lots of fish.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KevinG

Never have a fish smell in mine, of course it's probably because I do all my fish smoking at Kummok's place.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG