Chicken Breasts and Leg Quarters

Started by ajholt7, March 27, 2010, 05:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajholt7

I am getting ready to cook some Chicken Breasts and Leg Quarters.  Any suggestions?  How long should I smoke/cook, at what temp?  What is the IT when done?  Sorry I'm a newb.

classicrockgriller

You want to cook chicken at a higher temp than Briset or butts.

Min of 250* till IT on Breast of 165* and thighs at 180*

The skin will not crisp in the Bradley, so you can broil them in the

oven for a few minutes to crispen the skin.

Welcome to the Forum and glad to have you with Us.

ajholt7

KyNola

CRG is dead on with his advice to you.

Be sure the vent is open 100% as poultry has a lot of moisture and you want it to escape as soon as possible.

wally22

Don't know if you have a Big Easy, but I did some wings and legs and what I did was I put the legs and wings in a 2 gal ziploc bag pourd some CT in and mixed up and set for a hour. Then put them on my racks and put on some Bad Byron's Butt Rub into the smoker with apple and cherry for 2 hours at 220 then into the Big Easy for a hour. They were awesome I took some to work and a co-work told me not to throw the recipe away that he wanted to give me some legs to do for him. I'm not much of a chicken man put I could eat these all day long.
Good luck let us know how you turn out

Habanero Smoker

I use lower internal meat temperatures. I place the dark meat and white meat on separate trays. I cook the dark meat until it reaches 162°F - 165°F, and cook the white meat to 155°F. I place the dark meat on the lower racks, and the white meat above it. I rotate the racks front to back; approximately half way through the smoke/cook.

If you have a fast read instant thermometer like a Thermapen, check a few pieces on each tray to make sure all of them are done. If you are going to finish them on a grill, remove the chicken 5°F before they get to the recommended internal temperatures.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)