Mavrick ET-73 not updateing

Started by JustusIV, March 01, 2010, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustusIV

So this is my first smoke using my new Mavrick ET-73 and at first it was working great but no it seems to be acting up. I was monitoring my pre heat temps from my basement 50-60 ft away maybe, i put in the meat and continued to monitor for a while. Then i noticed it wasn't updating. So I reset everything and it started updating again. Then it was sitting in my kitchen not updating. and this is probably 30 ft at best from the smoker, and it wasn't updating i walked out and was holding them side by side then bam it updated.
If it isn't communicating i wish it would let me know.

GusRobin

While they claim a range of 100 ft it seems it can vary greatly depending if it is line of sight or the signal is going through walls and also depending upon what type of wall(s). In the recipe section there is a tutorial on how to mod the maverick. I did the mod and I now get reception throughout my 2 story house no matter if the smoker is outside, in the garage, or wherever. The mod is a simple mod and involves a little soldering. I had never soldered anythinig in my life, bought a cheap iron at radio shack and it works great.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

JustusIV

Yeah it seems to be just a signal thing, probably will pass on the solder job and just leave it in my kitchen with proper alarms set on it. Before i was just watching it, but that got old LOL
Just wish it would let you know, hey i am not displaying the correct temps here if your out of range.

watchdog56

I have an ET 73 and I get signal upstairs or downstairs whether my  smoker is in the garage or outside. Lucky I guess. One other thing you might want to check is how good are the batteries?