12 rack kit in an obs?

Started by Toker, March 01, 2010, 01:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi, I'm installing my 12 rack kit that i received from Smokeitall in my black obs and i have a small problem. I can not installall of them with the existing rack from Bradley. I received a little piece of wood with it that suppose to help me for the measures OK but at most, i could install 8 out of 12 is it normal? Did you take the existing racks off or not? If so how to take them out they look riveted?

Let me explain myself a bit more, the 1ST rack is a Bradley one, the 2ND is a kit one but with the piece of wood i received i can not add more than one rack between the existing ones or they fit too tight that is the problem I'm facing. Any advises pls thx.

TTNuge

Something is amiss, you should be able to fit 2 racks inbetween the factory racks.  If you start at the bottom, place the piece of wood with the flat side on one of the current rails and the notches in the wood facing up.  Then take one of the new rails, slide it behind the piece of wood so it's resting on top and you can screw through the notches, into the holes in the new rail and into the side of the smoker. 

I can try to take pics if you need.  Let me know as I just did this a couple weeks ago.

Toker

I understand but like i said i can not fit 2 only one fit the 2ND fit but too tight.

TTNuge

Is your wood spacer too wide?  Mine is exactly 1 1/4" tall.

Here's a picture for reference in an OBS.  Note 1 rack wasn't installed as to not interfere with door and Auber temp probe.

Toker

Just to be sure how many inches do you have between your bradley rails? Not those you installed yourself. M i have 4 in between each.

TTNuge

4" between factory installed rails here as well.

Toker

OK i think i understood my mistake i will try to explain what i did, the rail i bought i made it sit on top completely on top of the piece of wood. Don't know if you understood? This way it made me short of a small distace. :- >:(

Toker

Just give me the time for charging my cam battery and i will post picture so you will be able to understand my mistake better. Sorry for my slow understandment.

TTNuge

Just glad ya got it figured out.  Just a temporary operator malfunction.  Glad to help.

BigJohnT

TNuge,

That's a nice photo of the proper installation of the extra rack kits. Mind if I steal it?  ;D

JT

TTNuge

Quote from: BigJohnT on March 01, 2010, 04:22:06 PM
TNuge,

That's a nice photo of the proper installation of the extra rack kits. Mind if I steal it?  ;D

JT

Go right ahead!