Quality issues ?

Started by dave24, March 03, 2010, 09:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT-MO

The crack I have is way off to the right near the right leg, not even close or on the slider and electronics, plus I have not see anything leak out the door on mine.
So in my case it is all cosmetic, just plastic there.

Habanero Smoker

In your case, a crack in that place is unusual, and it is cosmetic. That's is such an unusual place, I'm sure that Bradley would like to know that information as they try to pinpoint the problem.

More often then not, the crack is directly above the circuit board where the center screw attaches the face plate to the smoker; and that can cause serious problems.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

shoresdiver

Another "me too" on the faceplate cracks - got my OBS in March, '10, and just noticed cracks.  Bradley is sending a new faceplate, and small feet to fix the problem.  As everyone else has noted, they were very nice and are giving great customer service.

BUT - I have another problem, and am not sure whether I should be worried. 

Here is the bottom door hinge -
[/img]

The top cabinet trim -
[/img]

And the two pieces that cracked off -
[/img]

From reading other posts, it looks like Bradley used to consider the bottom door trim an issue.  I know the top cabinet trim is strictly cosmetic, but have no idea why it cracked.  I am very careful when handling the OBS, and it has never been dropped or banged around. 

I don't want to replace things that do not need replacing, but also don't want problems down the road.  Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, has it caused any operational problems?  When speaking with the Bradley rep, he indicated that it was cosmetic... Would not be posting this, except for reading the other posts about doors being replaced.

Thanks!

squirtthecat

Quote from: shoresdiver on May 24, 2010, 10:41:36 AM
Another "me too" on the faceplate cracks - got my OBS in March, '10, and just noticed cracks.  Bradley is sending a new faceplate, and small feet to fix the problem.  As everyone else has noted, they were very nice and are giving great customer service.

BUT - I have another problem, and am not sure whether I should be worried. 

Here is the bottom door hinge -

The top cabinet trim -

And the two pieces that cracked off -

From reading other posts, it looks like Bradley used to consider the bottom door trim an issue.  I know the top cabinet trim is strictly cosmetic, but have no idea why it cracked.  I am very careful when handling the OBS, and it has never been dropped or banged around. 

I don't want to replace things that do not need replacing, but also don't want problems down the road.  Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, has it caused any operational problems?  When speaking with the Bradley rep, he indicated that it was cosmetic... Would not be posting this, except for reading the other posts about doors being replaced.

Thanks!

I have the same problem with the trim on my door.  I hadn't raised the issue with Bradley yet, but I might while it is still under warranty.

Habanero Smoker

That is cosmetic, but I believe Bradley has been replacing the door while it is still on warranty. I have a similar chips in my door (both top and bottom), but I know how mine happened. It broke during one of the two falls the smoker has taken of a three foot high cart.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ArnieM

If you have any issues at all, raise them with Bradley; especially if still under warranty.  Great service.

Habs, ya gotta stop throwing it outa the window  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.