Baby Back's Foil Juice ?

Started by DTAggie, March 06, 2010, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on March 08, 2010, 04:46:55 PM
Quote from: FLBentRider on March 08, 2010, 04:14:04 PM
I use a splash of wine.

What would you consider a good wine to cook with?

I dont have a clue and aint found one that tastes good yet.

This was brought to our house for a party, but never opened.   

I've used it in a few roasts/braises/etc, and it is great.  The Mrs doesn't drink red wine, and I'm a barley & hops guys myself.

Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon.

My 2ยข.

DTAggie

Did two slabs rubbed over night with wild willy's number one-derful rub.  I had cut each slab in half to fit on racks.  Smoked with apple for 3.5 hours (had to go longer as it took a bit to recover temp).  Foiled each rack with 2/3 cups apple juice for two hours.  Covered with some Stubb's BBQ Sauce for 45 minutes.  So tender and fall off the bone they were amazing.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on March 08, 2010, 08:30:16 PM
Did two slabs rubbed over night with wild willy's number one-derful rub.  I had cut each slab in half to fit on racks.  Smoked with apple for 3.5 hours (had to go longer as it took a bit to recover temp).  Foiled each rack with 2/3 cups apple juice for two hours.  Covered with some Stubb's BBQ Sauce for 45 minutes.  So tender and fall off the bone they were amazing.

Glad to hear they came out good DT.

So you went with the Gulp/Gulp/Gulp! great choice. ;D

DTAggie

I was gulping for sure (sierra nevada pale ale).  Started at 4 P.M. so everyone was in bed when they were done and I did not have to share.  Son had some after school today and is already asking for a fresh hot batch.