Posting pics to the site using an iPhone and MobileMe????

Started by Tommy3Putts, March 07, 2010, 06:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy3Putts

Gang

As a newbie, I'm still trying to learn the finer points of the forum.  Most importantly posting pics of my masterpieces.  I know there is a link out there instructing how to post pics but that link uses photobucket.  I'm an admitted iPhone junkie and have mobileme gallery.  I've tried using it to post pics to this forum and it works for a day or so and then the photos are gone.

I know photobucket is free but I'd like to avoid mulitple places on the web of storing my pics.  Any of you out there using Mobileme, or should I just use photobucket.  

Thanks all

T3Ps

deb415611

T3Ps

I don't have Mobileme (but was actually looking at this morning)....  hopefully someone who knows it will come along.... but are your pictures in a set location or does the link change.  I know in photobucket if you move a picture from one folder to another the link here does not update with the move.  You would need to update the link here to reflect the change.

Is mobileme worth the $99/yr?  I don't need the email or calendar push capabitlities but if the gallery works with forums it might be worth it. 

Love my iphone too :D  I'm upgrading mine this week and giving my old one to my husband. 

Deb

Tommy3Putts

Hi Deb

You may have given me the answer.  I'll try setting up a folder on MobMe for my Smoke Pics.

I like MobME and for me it's worth the 99 bucks.  I end up using my iPhone for work.  I like being able to have access to stuff from my work PC, my Macbook, and my iPhone.  It's expensive--there is probably a ton of free stuff out there--but its interoperability with everthing outthere, except this forum, is appealing to me.  It communicates with facebook, twitter and other iPhone users.

I hope there are some other iPhone users on this forum that can help us out.

Tom

Harley

I've got an Iphone, and though I don't use it to take photo's and automatically put them on my mobile me (which I also use and love) I can't see why this wouldn't be easy and possible...

Indeed this should help you out in terms of setting up the connection between phone and me.com

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1752

Once the pics are uploaded and online on me.com - it's a simple job of linking them in as per normal into posts here :)

Hope that helps!

Harley