my element isn't working

Started by shteamy, March 06, 2004, 05:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shteamy

I just recently opened a restaurant using the Bradley smoker.  It has been working great and people have been loving the food.  We have three smokers right now and they have each been turning out great product.
This is Friday night and our grand opening is Saturday so of course two of the bradleys went down.
The elemet in the back of two of the smokers doesn't heat up anymore.  The rest of the smoker works fine, the advance and wood chip heater are good but the element at the bottom no longer works.
I've looked at the fuse in each but they both seem fine, no indication of being burned out at all.
i looked for a fuse any ways; the bradley takes 250v8A fuse, the closest i could find was 250v10A fuse.

has any body had this problem before?  are there any simple solutions?

any help would be much appreciated.

shteamy

thanks for your time

Bassman

Welcome shteamy, My first thoughts are since you have 3, electricl load. Are they plugged into seperate lines? Seems unusuall having the same problem with 2.I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but I would try the working bulb in the non-working units.Then I'd call Bradley's tech support. I had to once and they are very helpful!
Good luck!

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Chez Bubba

Mike,

I wish I could offer more help but if you're 220v, I don't have any experience. I do think it is odd that the bulb is the non-functioning part. We have never sold a bulb to someone who's burned one out, just to those who've been fortunate to break one.

If you're using these in a restaurant environment, are you cooking at a pace that doesn't allow for proper fat evacuation? (meaning emptying the water bowl & re-filling it.) If excessive fat is allowed to drip onto the bulb that may accentuate premature expiration.

Another check would be the ceramic bulb holders. The screws should be hand-tight & snug, but not overly tight, or you will crack them. If they are loose, you might not come up to temp.

Please don't tell me you're trying to fire up all three of these smokers on the same circuit or using extension cords, that would explain a lot.

Best of luck with the restaurant, bringin' good Q to the masses is always a good thing!

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?