Looking

Started by grimreeper, March 07, 2010, 10:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimreeper

Hello all I have a trager bbq smoker and i am finding that when i need to cook at 160 for an hour and then adjust it up to 180 to cook the final stages of my summer sausage. I cant control my temp. I go from smoke to 225. Dose the bradley have better temp control.

squirtthecat

Quote from: grimreeper on March 07, 2010, 10:01:25 AM
Hello all I have a trager bbq smoker and i am finding that when i need to cook at 160 for an hour and then adjust it up to 180 to cook the final stages of my summer sausage. I cant control my temp. I go from smoke to 225. Dose the bradley have better temp control.

I have both, and yes - you'll get better temp control with a Bradley.   A lot of the guys here use Auber PIDs to fine tune the temperature control, ramp temps, etc.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: grimreeper on March 07, 2010, 10:01:25 AM

Do you have a digital controller on your Traeger?

grimreeper

yes i have the digatal control on my trager. I just cant get it set to 180 i set it to 225 and my chamber goes up to 250. To me that is to hot for doing my suasage.

classicrockgriller

You can adjust the P settings to get tighter control on your temp.