which Auber for digital 4 rack

Started by OTB, March 07, 2010, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTB

I just received a reply to some questions I asked the Auber folks.  I was asking the difference between the two different dual probe models.  Here is the response:

=======
"One is rated for 12A or 1400 watt, the other is 15A or 1800 watt. The 1800 watt unit has two timer outputs for controlling other device such as smoke generator and cooling shower. These defference will be change in the next production. I can revial the detail yet because we are still working one some the new features."
=======

I assume the higher watt one is mainly for folks that have a second heating element.  I am not sure I need the extra controllers, but if the price difference will be not much, I might wait.

OTB

Latest reply from Auber

The the lower wattage controller can control the Bradley smoker with second heating element. Bradley heater is 500 w each. two heater only adds up to 1000 watts. The  higher wattage unit is for larger size smoker made by other companies. It will not burn out when used with lower wattage heater.
We don't have any price information at this time. The price difference between older models is $20.