Ribs and Butts w.pics

Started by humpa, April 24, 2005, 06:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humpa

Ribs and butts are so tasty. First thing is to rub them down while consuming a beer or two. Licking your fingers is advised because then you need some more beer. Wrap it up and refrigerate for the night. In the morning, I like to set it out at room temp for an hour or so, crack another beer when in doubt. (not just for breakfast anymore) The results  look something like this.
Now...I do my bacon thing. Dress it up with 5 pounds of fatty cheapo bacon. Sing the song "I'm in heaven" while preparing them. When your all done, and after your beer is finished, it will look like this.
Now the fun part. After your smoker is all warmed up, place the racks into it and take a quick snapshot just for fun. Here it is.        

Now kick back and have more beer. I smoked it for 4 hours with pecan. The oven temp was locked at 205. Almost 14 hours later, it got an FTC for 5 hours. When I opened one of the ribs for supper, the meat fell of the bones while trying to put them on a plate. This was pulled pork ribs I guess. The meat was so moist and tender, that after I was full, I picked at it for another 3 hours while having a few beers.
   The Boston Butts were fall apart delicious. All I did was pull some off, mix it up with some BBQ sauce, drop it into a toasted hot dog roll, and I couldn't eat just one. I actually had 3 more. Now this is good living!!!!!

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

fstubbsjr

Nice pix!  Were those full size ribs?  What kind of racks are those?  Did you modify the exhaust on your bradley?  Why didn't you show the final product![:(!]

Frank Stubbs

Chez Bubba

Frank,

Humpa built his own box & uses the Bradley smoke generator only.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

humpa

Thanks guys......The racks are 24" wide and 30" deep. I needed a little more space for what I do. Also, I am in progress of building another smoker. It is 6.5 feet tall and 36x36 interior with 20 or more racks. I will keep everyone posted on this one. I'm going to bed now......Later!

Ernie....Weymouth, MA