Went for steak ended up with lobster and crawdads!

Started by TMB, March 10, 2010, 05:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

The wife and I went to the store for tri tip steak and ended up with lobster and crawdads for a great weekend dinner out in the drive. We had a fire pit going and my Char-Broil SRG along with a big ol' pot of crawdads, man what a great way to finish the weekend. We did have some steak on the side mixed with onion and beer gravy.  Sorta Surf & Turf Alabama style!  ;D

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

It's crawfish season for sure!  That all looks great.  Headed back to NOLA in April.  Looking forward to the crawfish as much as anything.  Understand they're running a little pricey this season because of the winter weather stunting the growth and the numbers produced.

Way to go TMB.

TMB

What a goog price for pre-cooked? I paid about 2.99 lb at wal mart. I know it's not the best but hey when the tastes hits you it hits!

KyNola

I read earlier that they were going for over $4.00 per pound live in and around NOLA so $2.99 would be considered a good price.  Bernard's brand by chance?  That's what the Wal Mart here sells.

I agree, when the urge hits you, ya gotta go for it.

TMB

I believe your right on the name, I'll have to look.  I will say for bought at Wal-Mart not too bad.  Looking for a crawdad pot pie recipe for my Big Easy, so if you know of one let me know would love to try it.

seemore

KyNola

TMB,
I have a crawfish pie recipe that I'll be happy to share with you.  I'm at work but I'll look it up when I get home and post it.  It's really easy as the ingredients of the pie are already cooked before they go in the pie shell and then you simply bake it! 

Dang it, now I'm hungry and it's not lunch time yet.  Darn you TMB!

TMB

KyNola that will be wonderful, thanks.     I have been looking to try more sea food and fresh water fish/shell fish that the thought of pot pie hits just the right tone.  Since I can bake in the Big Easy I thought this would be perfect to try and drives the techs at Char-Broil crazy seeing TBE used for baking!  ;D

I love to use TBE for things other then frying turkeys and chickens.    I make a killer beef wellington in it as well.

Peace,

TMB (Tommy)

Now go get lunch!  ;)

seemore

Beef Wellington????  Care to share the recipe?
It has been YEARS since I have had Beef Wellington, and your mention of it just now kind of got my taste buds buzzin'.....
Mrs

TMB

Quote from: seemore on March 10, 2010, 11:52:03 AM
Beef Wellington????  Care to share the recipe?
It has been YEARS since I have had Beef Wellington, and your mention of it just now kind of got my taste buds buzzin'.....
Mrs
Sure thing.          Now remember this was cooked in a Big Easy so not sure on normal times in a oven or reg grill. I used a nice sirloin roast cooked in TBE after a 5 hr brine, covered in onions then wrapped in puff pastery. Recipe for all on next reply

TMB

Sorry but ran out of room.   OK   brine was 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 white sugar, 1 tbs black pepper and 1 tbs white pepper. Mix all in 3/4 gal water, and then add roast and brine to clean 2 gal bag.  Let it rest in fridge for 6 to 9 hrs. I cut mine in 2 pieces due to size of my pot but you can do it anyway you like.

Next after roast cools down I cut 1 large white onion and sauteed  in 1/2 stick of butter till golden brown and then added 1/2 beer to the onions to cook down. After the roast and onions are cool I laid out my puff pastry rolled it up and placed it in TBE for about 21 min's by that time it was a golden brown and crisp.  Removed, cut in portions and served with onion gravy from what was left over (sorry about the last picture) I couldn't get a steady shot.  ]

Need more info just ask          1st picture was roast after brine

seemore

Thanks, TMB!  Those pics just made my mouth water!!!!
Mrs

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TMB

Quote from: seemore on March 10, 2010, 03:27:25 PM
Thanks, TMB!  Those pics just made my mouth water!!!!
Mrs
Well that's what I stive for!  Anyway if you need help with the recipe just let me know. You can email me as well at.....      [email protected]   

just ref TBE or SRG if not I trash emails fast      8)

Thanks Quarlow,  it was very good. looking to try this recipe with lobster and or crawdads.   

KyNola

Tommy,
Crawfish pie recipe is posted in nonsmoked recipe section as requested.  Hope you like it.

KyNola